• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating Adobe Flash Player to the latest version (20.0.0.286)

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Browser is Internet Explorer (embedded - Windows 8.x) - ActiveX, adobe.com tells me that my Flash Player is out of date (19,0,0,207), so I have tried to update it to the latest version (20.0.0.286) many times to no avail, even though I have followed all the steps and instructions, and

Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems (KB3133431)already has successfully been installed. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2016 Jan 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Version 20.0.0.286  has not been released by Microsoft yet, for IE on Windows 8 and above.  KB3133431 should install 20.0.0.272.  Please go to https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html and click on the Check Now button.  Post a screenshot of the resulting system information.

Did you recently purchase this system, or upgrade it to Windows 8.x?

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, but at http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/, it clearly tells me that the latest Flash Player version should be 20.0.0.286 for my Windows 8.1, Internet Explorer - ActiveX. I neither bought the system recently nor upgraded it to Windows 8.1, I purchased it 1 year 4 months ago with OS Windows 8.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Since Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE they are the ones that release the updates and they have not released the 20.0.0.286 update.  There is no way to get 20.0.0.286 for IE on your system until Microsoft releases the update.  I recommened KB3133431 as it is the latest version available for your system.

I would still like to get a screenshot of your system information, from the https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html‌ page.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to the https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html page. I hate to sound ignorant, but I don't know how to get you the screenshot of my system information. What would you like to know concerning my system other that the information I have already provided?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm sorry, I forgot to post the link to How to post a screenshot in the forum

I'm looking specifically for what it displays for the version.  Screenshot is preferrable.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have tried, but it is too complicated for me, so thanks for your time and help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines