Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 10 - Flash content asking Internet Explorer to Install flash player

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2016 May 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

* Windows 10 Pro Version: 10.0.10586

* www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer, Microsoft edge  25.10586.0.0 -The flash content just shows a blank area, so I tried Internet Explorer 11.212.10586.0 same thing happened.

* When I go to test flash, I get the following message :

Sorry flash player is either not installed or not enabled

Internet Explorer sorry flash player is either not installed or not enabled.PNG

As you can see, flash player is installed, it comes pre installed with Windows 10,

(which I think is a bad move on Microsoft part, as flash player is slowly being hushed out with HTML5 as the new king of the interactive content world, it's also a bad move on adobes part, as now they have to try and push updates through windows updates, it also scr@ws us users, as now we cant choose to install it, or even fix it! when it gos wrong like today!)

I believe the problem started after the KB3154132 Update, I have tried removing the update then reinstalling it, I have got in contact with the Microsoft help desk, who are as (something I wont say) I am an advanced user, I or they, cant fix this problem!

so I'm here,

The files needed for flash content seem to be in the correct locations, I have tried removing Internet Explorer then reinstalling it, Grr and ive tried what the adobe help page says... to turn ActiveX off and on, also to make sure the plugin is turned on, which it is

adobe files.PNG

the only other place that I can think of, which have not tried, is the appdata (user program data) which could hold the fix to the problem

other photos

Internet Explorer You aren

microsoft edge test page saying flash disabled, when its claerly on.PNG

microsoft edge test page saying no flash.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 05, 2016 May 05, 2016

Just to add, This could be a registry problem, I have found some entries that are not the same, however I think the entrys have changed, because i installed flash player manually, under windows 8 compatibility mode under windows 10, I did this, because flash player stopped working, as I explained above,

Bodge Solution

download :

https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashruntimes/flashplayer/flashplayer_22_ax_debug.exe

or go to :

Download Adobe Flash Player 22 Beta for Desktops - Adobe Labs

choo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for the detailed report.  Is this on a standard user or administrator user account?

We've received reports that administrator user accounts work, but not standard users, however, we've not been able to reproduce and it's been difficult getting additional information from users.  We have also escalated to Microsoft and they've not been able to reproduce it either.  Thank you for mentioning KB3154132.  This is information we've not had before.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is on an account that is in the administrator group, so yes it is an administrator account, the kind of setup you would find on any new windows 10 computer, the 1st account being made, it was not an upgrade but a fresh install of windows 10 pro (clean)

admin account.PNG

* Please brake off from Microsoft, this is not helping having flash player integrated, this is effecting both you're reputation and Microsoft's, it's also stopping me and other users from repairing the problem manually, you need to get on top of this

* Please make some kind of Windows 10 flash player install/repair setup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add, This could be a registry problem, I have found some entries that are not the same, however I think the entrys have changed, because i installed flash player manually, under windows 8 compatibility mode under windows 10, I did this, because flash player stopped working, as I explained above,

Bodge Solution

download :

https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashruntimes/flashplayer/flashplayer_22_ax_debug.exe

or go to :

Download Adobe Flash Player 22 Beta for Desktops - Adobe Labs

choose

Download Flash Player for Internet Explorer - ActiveX

install the setup, under windows 8 compatibility mode under windows 10

then change the following

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\Flash32_21_0_0_213.ocx

C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash32_21_0_0_213.ocx

need to be changed to :

C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash.ocx

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\Flash.ocx

you will also need to make the changes in the registry, by opening run, and enterying regedit then press enter,

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Macromedia/FlahPlayerActiveX

click on the PlayerPath and change it to :

C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash.ocx

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/WOW6432Node//Macromedia/FlahPlayerActiveX

click on the PlayerPath and change it to :

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\Flash.ocx

warnning, this is a l@zy fix, a bypass, to force it to work again! follow at your own r!sk,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

KB3154132 is the Microsoft update for Flash Player 21.0.0.213.  This is installed on my test system and the FlashPlayerActiveX entries are correct for both: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\Flash.ocx and C:\Windows\SysyWOW64\Macromed\Flash\Flash.ocx for both.  When Microsoft embeds Flash Player, they don't include the entire version number in the file name, however, the non-embedded version does have it. Since a fresh/clean Windows 10 install, I wouldn't expect it to have the entire version number.

I changed the reg entries on my test system, to include the version number in the file name, and Flash Player still worked on both IE and Edge.

This is new information and I will pass it on for further investigation.

While your approach worked for you, I definitely don't recommend a novice user to try iit.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will find the above Bodge Solution, to give you a error message when using flash player content (sometimes)

to get around the following error message on www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer :

Error #2044: Unhandled securityError:. text=Error #2048: Security sandbox violation: http://emp.bbci.co.uk/emp/SMPf/1.16.3/StandardMediaPlayerChromelessFlash.swf cannot load data from http://sa.bbc.co.uk/bbc/bbc/s?c1=19&ns_ap_an=iplayer&ns_ap_pn=as3&ns_ap_pv=21%2C0%2C0%2C213&c12=44e6....

at com.comscore.metrics::Request/sendRequest()

at com.comscore.metrics::Request/send_NoCache()

at com.comscore.utils::MeasurementOp/run()

at com.comscore.utils::DispatchQueue/dispatch()

at com.comscore.utils::DispatchQueue/enqueue()

at com.comscore.utils::DispatchQueue/offer()

at com.comscore.analytics::Core/doNotify()

at com.comscore.analytics::Core/notify()

at com.comscore.analytics::comScore$/hidden()

at uk.co.bbc.echo.delegate.comscore::CSAppTag/hidden()

at uk.co.bbc.echo.delegate.comscore::ComScoreDelegate/userActionEvent()

at uk.co.bbc.echo::EchoClient/userActionEvent()

at Function/http://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::apply()

at bbc.mediaplayback.model.components.providers.reporting::SonarReporter/executeWithException()

at bbc.mediaplayback.model.components.providers.reporting::SonarReporter/userAction()

at bbc.mediaplayback.components.empbase::EMPBase/sonarReportAction()

at bbc.smp.components.stats::StatsLogger$/userAction()

at bbc.smp.components.stats::StatsLogger$/trackAction()

at bbc.smp.mediators::PluginsMediator/onPluginLoaded()

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()

at bbc.smp.loaders::PluginLoader/initialiseLoadedPlugin()

at bbc.smp.loaders::PluginLoader/checkIfLoadedPluginIsSupported()

at bbc.smp.loaders::PluginLoader/onPluginLoadStatus()

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()

at bbc.smp.loaders::SwfLoader/onByteArrayConverted()

error.PNG

click continue, then double click the flash content (the black box) and it will open in full screen, (work normally from then on)

m_vargas​ - I agree, dont try this at home (kits) only the lone wofe n@rds (like me) should try this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The reason it's returning the error is because you found a workaround to install the content debugger.  Content debuggers are for developers to debug their content.  This only results in constant debugging error messages when viewing content.

Also, while this solution worked for you, it's by no means the correct solution and I advice against users, especially novice users, from mucking around in the registry as it's easy to mess up your system if you don't know what you're doing in the registry.  The correct solution still needs to be identified.  I have forwarded this thread to my manager and our Product Manager to forward to Microsoft.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, trying to install flashplayer_22_ax_debug.exe under Windows 8 compatibility mode does not work.  It still says the IE has the FlashPlayer built in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2016 Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use Windows 7, I think Win 8 was suggested by mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This topic is clearly labeled as being a Windows 10 issue.  Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE and Edge in Windows 10, unlike Windows 7.  If you use Windows 7, please start a new topic for your issue and include the following information:

• Your operating system & version
  • Your web browser(s) & version
  • Your Flash Player version
  • Explain your problem in step-by-step detail if possible
  • A direct link to a page that demonstrates the problem
  • If you get error messages, please provide a screenshot :http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1070933

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@m_vargas are you saying that to me? Clearly, it's a problem of adobe's forums and it's difficult to understand what replies go where. I replied to oznetmaster to use Windows 7 compatibility mode when installing debug flash player, in Win 8 compatibility it won't install, I don't know why it was suggested in original workaround.

If I apply the bodge solutions, any idea why videos show plain background if not in fullscreen? What can be done to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2016 Aug 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on your most recent comment, I may have misinterpreted your Windows 7 post.

I can't comment on the bodge solution.  A user posted that and I've not tested it.  It's a 'use at your own risk' solution (which I personally don't recommend).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SignedAdam​ I used this approach at it almost works. The part that doesn't work is the video: I see blank screen, while I hear audio. If I double click then it goes full screen and I see it all working properly. Any idea why it doesn't work if not full-screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2016 Aug 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then it means there is no way to debug actionscript now?.. I'm trying to get simple working solution with ANY adobe tools that could do actionscript debugging and NOTHING can do anything at all. Total failure: flash - how do you debug actionscript that runs in browser - Stack Overflow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2016 Aug 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE/Edge on Windows 10 and they decide which control they support.  Thus far they only support the release version, not the content debugger version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What needs to be done to get the ball rolling on this? To actually get Microsoft to support the debugger version properly in IE.

This is holding us back from a company-wide Windows 10 release.

We've been waiting 18 months and nothing. I and a few other developers have implemented this hack to be able to work in Windows 10.

It has got to the point where we will be writing an automated deployment of this hack/bodge to developers machines and roll out Window 10. A sad state really that our only option is to go with a complete and utter hack!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines