Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prompt to call Adobe for free flash update

Jun 10, 2016 Jun 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My 83-year-old Mom was prompted to call Adobe for a free update of her flash player. She called and got a sales pitch, which she declined but apparently provided her email address, and now her browser opens with an Adobe-like page. Is this legit and how can she get rid of Adobe pop-up page?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 10, 2016 Jun 10, 2016

No, that is not legitimate.  Unfortunately, your Mom was tricked by a malicious Flash Player notification.  I suspect your Mom's computer is infected with something (malware, adware, virus, etc).  I highly recommend running scans for these on her computer.

Adobe does take these situations seriously.  If you have the link to the malicious website, please private message it to me.  I would also like to see a screenshot of the 'Adobe-like page' that loads when she opens her browser.  See the Forum FAQs

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2016 Jun 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, that is not legitimate.  Unfortunately, your Mom was tricked by a malicious Flash Player notification.  I suspect your Mom's computer is infected with something (malware, adware, virus, etc).  I highly recommend running scans for these on her computer.

Adobe does take these situations seriously.  If you have the link to the malicious website, please private message it to me.  I would also like to see a screenshot of the 'Adobe-like page' that loads when she opens her browser.  See the Forum FAQs for instructions on attaching a screenshot to your post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines