• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash installer (and uninstaller) not responding

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2016 Jul 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I visit websites that use flash there is a message that I need to install the update to proceed.  I click on the link, and save the installer file to my desktop.  When I open the installer, a pop-up asks permission to install, and I click "yes" - the flash icon appears, and I click it.  And then nothing else happens (sometimes the curser takes on it's "thinking" mode, but not always).  Eventually (I've waited up to 15 minutes), I have to force quit the installer because it is not responding.  I tried to uninstall my current version of flash, but the same problem occurred with the uninstaller.  I have tried both multiple times.

I have a Macbook Pro, OSX Yosemite, version 10.10.5 and I use Safari version 9.1.1

In the system preferences screen, this is my current Flash information:

NPAPI Plug-in version 21.0.0.242 is installed.

PPAPI Plug-in is not installed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2016 Jul 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please try these steps, if the problem still persists, let us know

1) go to this page:

Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac

At the very bottom you will see "still having problems", download the NPAPI version

2) Next go to this page and get the adobe uninstaller corresponging to your Mac OS version:

Uninstall Flash Player for Mac OS 

3) Make sure ALL browsers are closed and in the following order run :-

the Uninstaller

and the offline installer.

Hopefully that will solve your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2016 Jul 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Какого лешего ваше обновление устанавливается с какими то дополнениями будь они неладны! При том без моего ведома и если вы упрекнете что я на них подписан имейте в виду что ничего подобного мне от вас не нужно. Идите вы к чертям с такими условиями в которых ничего про это не указано.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2016 Jul 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did all the things you suggested, but after hitting the uninstall button in the uninstaller window, my curser went into "thinking" mode where it remained for over an hour.  Finally I force-quit the uninstaller because it was not responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2016 Jul 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try restarting your system.  Make sure the checkbox for 'reopen windows when logging back in' is not checked when you restart your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2016 Jul 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that and then continued through the original instructions you provided.  the uninstaller stalled out in the same place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2016 Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Could you please provide us the install.log file and the FlashPlayerInstallManager.log file for troubleshooting. Please go through the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh?  to configure your system to obtain these two files for the same installation attempt.  Upload the files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions How to share a document​  and post the link to the uploaded files here.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines