Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash player crashes xp 64

Aug 04, 2016 Aug 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

since updating to new flash player it crashes goes out of focus huge writing on screen ,when it installs it breaks a file that the previous player did not ,C\system32\macroflashplayer\installer\temp\ the older player works fine in firefox but seriousley nags to update ,but new one is bad ,what did you do wrong ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 04, 2016 Aug 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\temp\{AAF417D2-C54C-4BBE-8E61-A7CC4A77FAC5}\InstallFlashPlayer.exe  this the exact fail message upon install it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2016 Aug 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What service pack of XP are you using. Please provide the FlashInstall.log file from impacted system. The FlashInstall.log file is saved at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash.  Both files are required from a 64-bit OS.  Upload the files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document.  Post the link to the uploaded files here.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

(Sorry to hijack this thread...) but I have the exact same problem... Adobe Flash Player fails to update using FireFox 49.0.2 on my Windows XP x64 (SP2) workstation (the 64-bit version is at SP2).  So it complains about Adobe Flash Player being out of date but the update installation ALWAYS fails.  I'm sending you my install logs via a PM.  Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines