• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player on Safari crashing with games

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2016 Sep 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up until yesterday (13th September 2016) I was able to play Innogames Forge of Empire and Elvenar on my iMac desktop.

Since then the start up screen loads but as soon as I move the mouse I get 'plug-in failure' reported.

Whilst searching for a solution I saw that there was an update to flash player on the 13th September which I think may be the cause of the problem.

I have cleared cache, checked the settings and everything appears to be in order.

Is anyone able to offer advice please

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 10, 2016 Oct 10, 2016

This issue is fixed in the latest release 23.0.0.185, released today.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please reply with following details:

• Operating system version
  • Web browser and version
  • Flash Player version
  • Explain your problem in step-by-step detail if possible
  • A direct link to a web page that demonstrates the problem
  • If you get error messages, please quote them exactly, or provide a screenshot

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for your assistance

The operating system is OS X El Captain, version 10.11.6

The web browser is Safari, version 9.1.2 (11601.7.7)

Flash player version is 23.0.0.162 which was updated on 30th August 16.

When I try to play Elvenar or Forge of Empires by Innogames they will load up as normal.

I can interact will popups and empty areas around the ‘city’, however as soon as my mouse goes over a building in the city the game crashes and shows ‘plug-in failure’.

I am unable to provide a direct link to the page showing the problem as it is password protected.  I have provided a screen shot.

Regards

Dinty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  i  too  have  had  the  same  problem  .only  effecting elvanar and forge of empires and pogo  .For  me  it  started yesterday  as  well  .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2016 Sep 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, as I play Elvenar from InnoGames. The plug in fail crashed my iMac last night and when I got back on this morning I had the same experience, the game loads up, but as soon as you move the cursor the plug in fail message appears and the game is GONE. Began yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with Flash Player using Safari and Firefox. But it works using Chrome.........Still I hope, that Adobe will fix the problem with Flash Player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, we're able to reproduce it and are actively investigating.  It seems specific to the NPAPI plug-in on Mac. 

As a short-term workaround, use Google Chrome to avoid the crash.  Once a fix is available, it will land in one of our weekly beta channel updates first, which you can find here: http://www.adobe.com/go/flashplayerbeta/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated the subject to more accurately describe the issue and hopefully help other affected people find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi jeromie , I same problem with forge of empires of InnoGames, which is the beta plugin to try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed NPAPI plugin version 23.0.0.173, continues to crash on el capitain version 10.11.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no fix yet.  When a fix is available, it will be in the beta.  In the meantime, use Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dear jeromie give me a link to an earlier version, the 21, the 20, active, that I sacrifice myself to do test, safari is much better than chrome on iMac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2016 Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previous versions of Flash Player are posted on the Archived Adobe Flash Player versions  page.  Scroll down and look for the version number you want and download the zip file.  The zip file contains all files released for a given build so it'll have a bunch of stuff you won't need.  Unless you're a developer wanting to debug your code avoid the files in the VersionNumber_debug folder.  Due to constant security fixes if the most recent version (22.0.0.209) worked use that version, not something much older (e.g 21 or 20)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2016 Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok ,thanks vargas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 16, 2016 Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will the fix on that page be labeled as such? I'm a newbie to all of this and I need a bit more of a sign post pointing in the direction I need to go so to speak.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2016 Sep 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Googled "Adobe Flash Player update list" and downloaded the last update. Haven't had a problem since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious.  What exactly is "Adobe Flash Player update list" and what exactly did you install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a list of previous updates for developers to use when trying out for websites. I uninstalled the last update and then downloaded the version just before this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Essentially Archived Adobe Flash Player versions ?  Or some other website?  If some other website what is the URL?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the fix for this in the beta thread for testing? I'm assuming beta is for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  We release weekly Beta builds and monthly production release builds.  We're aligned with Microsoft's Patch Tuesday, so you can do nothing, and wait until the 2nd Tuesday in October for the update, or wait until we ship next week's beta and install that.  It will have the fix, but it *is* also where we vet new changes with the community for the first time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled the latest version of Flash which was crashing my computer and making it impossible for me to play Evony, Tynon and Forge of Empires.  I then downloaded and installed the previous version, 22 ....... I think.  It is working perfectly as it had before.  So far.  LOL

Last night, after reinstalling version 22, I downloaded and installed the new MacOSSierra.  I have had no problems at all today with Flash -- the new OS did not cause me any problems.  So far. 

I hope this answers all your questions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In general, we don't recommend that you roll back to previous versions, because it reverts important security fixes that were included with the latest update.  MacOS isn't typically a large target, but you assume some risk that you wouldn't otherwise have.  While rolling back is an option, using an unaffected browser like Chrome, and/or moving forward to a newer release with the fix is a *much* better plan from a security perspective.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jerome is correct, of course.  We should all be aware that we are giving up possible security updates when we roll back to a former version of Flash. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

karin is  the version 22.0.0.192 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines