• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I ditch this garbage FLASH PLAYER?

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so sick of this piece of garbage I could scream. EVERY SINGLE DAY I get a notification to update this total crap program, but it never gets past 90% before stopping & it simply times-out and fails. I'm sick of it!!!!! Can't I just make this junk go away? Is there NO other way to operate my computer without constantly being harassed by Adobe EVERY DAMN DAY? Is it too much to ask for you to either make a product that works, provide ACTUAL REAL SUPPORT, or just LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE & take your crap off of my computer?!?!?!?!?!?!? And thanks for making it almost impossible to find any help ANYWHERE! Super convenient to have to beg for assistance from the ether and hope someone will/can respond. I'll never purposely purchase ANYTHING from Adobe EVER, for ANY reason whatsoever, because your support is abysmal and your forums are less than useless!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What Operating system and browser are you using?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi stepheng24446417 ,

If you're OS is OS X 10.11 you're most likely experiencing the same issue reported at Adobe flash player, How to fix Flash installation fails at 90% , and Adobe Flash Installer (version 23.0.0.185) hangs at 90% on my iMac.  To verify, I'll need to review the install.log and FlashPlayerInstallManager.log files.  Please review the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh?  and configure your system to obtain install.log and FlashPlayerInstallManager.log files for the Flash Player installation.  Repeat the installation until it returns the error so the logs captured are for the same installation attempt.  Upload both log files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document and post the link to the uploaded file in your reply.

Alternatively, you can uninstall Flash Player and use Chrome, which integrates Flash Player and all updates are released by Google so you don't have to install anything separately.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines