Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player for Firefox Won't Install

Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Windows 8.1 x64, and trying to install the latest Flash Player for Firefox. I know there's already a topic for this, but the person didn't provide any detail and I don't feel like waiting forever when it's clearly an installer issue.

I've disabled my firewalls completely to try and install this. I've tried running a clean install (uninstalled flash player completely before attempting to reinstall, big mistake), rebooting and all. And tried both the default installer and the installer provided in the "troubleshooting."

And just to be sure I was getting the correct version, I let the download page detect my system AND tried selecting it myself:

Installer.jpg

My install gets stuck at 90% with the default installer for a good 1-2 minutes:Stuck at 90.jpg

And then fails:

Failed.jpg

And, yes, I did click "Finish" to go to the supposed "further assistance" it speaks of in the error, but it opens a browser window and tells me what I already know: that the install was unsuccessful.

Then I went through the "troubleshooting" and ended up at the download link at the bottom:

Tried other installer.jpg

When I run it (even right-clicking and "Run as Administrator"), it goes fairly quickly, but then stops at 100% and does nothing. When I click on the installer window at this point, Windows notifies me that the program has stopped responding:

Not responding.jpg

And it never will respond.

Please fix your installer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the detailed description and screenshots.  Very helpful.

For the online installer, I'll need to get some log files from you to troubleshoot.  Please review the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on Windows? and provide all files listed (Adobe_ADM.log, Adobe_GDE.log and FlashInstall.log).  If this is a 64-bit OS both FlashInstall.log files (from system32 and syswow64 directories) are required.  Upload the files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document  and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

For the hung offline installer, I was not able to reproduce.  The log files may provide information as to why this happened.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 32 bit version of the log had no recent logs since July, back when I had this trouble before and tried to use the 32 bit version instead. The 64 bit version is the one with the random letters adobe cloud had provided for its name.

Anyway, here we are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I wanted to provide some additional information to you for troubleshooting this issue.

Guide to Manually updating Flash Player for Windows

That is a guide I wrote that could possibly assist you with issues.

Also, you might want to try the adobe uninstaller, then use the standalone to reinstall, but make sure any Firefox process and flash ones are closed via task manager. You also might want to attempt the sfc /scannow command and to run windows updates as well

Best Regards

Please be sure to mark my post here helpful or answered if I assisted you

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

The two FlashInstall.log files provided are identical and are from the SysWOW64 directory. There is no log file from the system32 directory.  Please provide the log file from the system32 directory.  I do see a conflicting process error, indicating a process needs to be terminated before installation continues.  When installing, does it display a message stating some application/process needs to be terminated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines