• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you Set Up Greeting Card format to print from Lightroom

Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have greeting card stock 6.25 x 9. There is no size listed in LR Page Layout. How do I add that size? Then how do I print type on the back of the card?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not done card printing, but may have suggestions-

6.25x9  is A6

In printer setup choose A6 Portrait paper.

Position front of card image using margins, Left, right, bottom, all set minimum. Top margin increased to position image.

Use a Graphical Identity plate for message. This can be rotated -180 & re-sized located on 'top' (back?) of card.

Identity plate can be any image with text you might create in Photoshop- save as a PNG type file if you want to preserve any transparency.

Without knowing your design ideas, somewhat hard to describe what you may want.

ScreenShot021.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6.25 x 9 is not A6. I need 190mm x 228mm and it does not appear on my computer size options.And Red River, the paper mfgr doesn't help.

[email address removed by moderator]

http://www.irathomasphotos.com

To: Ira Thomas <[email address removed by moderator]>

Sent: Thursday, December 1, 2016 4:24 PM

Subject:  How do you Set Up Greeting Card format to print from Lightroom

How do you Set Up Greeting Card format to print from Lightroom

created by wobertc in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussionI have not done card printing, but may have suggestions-6.25x9  is A6In printer setup choose A6 Portrait paper.Position front of card image using margins, Left, right, bottom, all set minimum. Top margin increased to position image.Use a Graphical Identity plate for message. This can be rotated -180 & re-sized located on 'top' (back?) of card.Identity plate can be any image with text you might create in Photoshop- save as a PNG type file if you want to preserve any transparency.Without knowing your design ideas, somewhat hard to describe what you may want.  If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9175067#9175067 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9175067#9175067 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.  This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Page Setup dialog, click on the dropdown for paper size and select "Manage Custom Sizes" at the bottom of the list.

Screenshot 2016-12-03 16.46.44.png

You should then get a dialog that lets you create a custom size.  In my example I have created a 10 x 7 custom size for Red River's card stock.

Screenshot 2016-12-03 16.47.59.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry- my bad.  I should have read more carefully- ("RedRiverPaper- These sheets fold to 6.25" x 4.5" (A6)" )

So according to RedRiver the card stock is A5? but the dimensions do not agree!

Anyhow, Joe suggests the correct way to set a custom paper size. The dialog may look different depending on your printer brand and model.

Did my suggestion of a graphical Identity plate answer some of the question?

And another hint- do not select any of the templates in the Template Browser. After you set your custom paper size, etc, save your own template to suit the card stock.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. IT WAS EASIER THAN I THOUGHT. THANKS FOR THE HELP. Ira

Ira Thomas

[personal information removed per policy - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3731]

[This is an open forum, not Adobe support, please do not post personal information]

[If you are posting using email, please turn your 'sig file' function OFF for posting]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it solved your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines