• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eye Issue from Ai to Ch

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally finished the base model for my first puppet. However, when I moved the puppet over to Character Animator to do some testing, I noticed that his pupils are popping out of his eyes, and I can't figure out why. It looks fine in Illustrator. Any ideas how I can fix this problem? The first picture is what I see in Illustrator; the second picture is what I see in Character Animator. Please keep in mind, when explaining possible explanations, I am extremely new to all of this. I have no training. I only got this far by watching YouTube tutorials.

Normal.PNGNot Normal.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's cute!

The issue has nothing to do with Illustrator, your puppet is OK.

In Character Animator you will have to set up the pupils so they don't move that wildly. There are a couple of threads on this in the Ch forum e.g. this: Limiting the movement of a Pupil

But watch out for the version, that thread is about the older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, his pupils actually should be in that position. It's just the fact that normally they are supposed to stay hidden when the exceed the boundaries of the eyeball. My puppet has big anime eyes, so creating a clipping section was the only way I could fix it. But like I said, when I move him over to Character Animator, sudden, his pupils no longer disappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marisa,

My puppet has big anime eyes, so creating a clipping section was the only way I could fix it.

Presuming that was (how you had to have it) done in AI, is it impossible to simply have the pupils beneath the surrounding face part(s) in the stacking order as can (hopefully) be done by moving objects up/down in the relevant expanded Layer(s) in the Layers palette?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. I already tried moving them around in the layers, but it was impossible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marisa,

Was/is there a Clipping Mask involved, and what happens if you release it and take it from there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Marisa.Richmond1994 schrieb:

Well, his pupils actually should be in that position. It's just the fact that normally they are supposed to stay hidden when the exceed the boundaries of the eyeball. My puppet has big anime eyes, so creating a clipping section was the only way I could fix it. But like I said, when I move him over to Character Animator, sudden, his pupils no longer disappear.

You should discuss this in the Character Animator forum. It can't be solved from the Illustrator side.

Character Animator expects a certain layer structure. Clipping masks change the layer structure and therefore might not work in Character Animator.

There's a section on pupils in this document: Adobe Character Animator Help | Behaviors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines