Long encoding time

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have you done ADOBE!

Hours to render!

Hours to encode a simple H264 project!

Meantime, my computer is completely crippled by processing power.

FIX 2017 build now!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there Geoff,

I branched your post into a separate one to focus on your issues more closely. Sorry to hear of your lengthy encoding times. Let's take a closer look, shall we?

• Hours to encode a simple H264 project!
  • Meantime, my computer is completely crippled by processing power.

First of all, we need more info on your system and media: FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?

After you give us a bit more info to go on, I think we can help you troubleshoot a lot more successfully. The first thing I'd make sure of is if you have GPU acceleration enabled in File > Project Settings or not. Can you check that?

Thank You,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

Your reply from Adobe sounds like it's coming from a Robot. "Let's take a closer look, shall we?"

I've never had such piss-poor performance from a software program.

BTW- If I enable GPU acceleration (as recommended by Adobe) I get horizontal glitches throughout the video.

I had huge ongoing issues with PP2016 and now PP2017 is much worse.

A simple graphic will crash my computer.

I'm using the AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB cards I have installed in my Mac Pro (Late 2013)

3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5

32 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC

AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bit extreme, but...I have high confidence in your chance for success.

Try step 4.

Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris S,

Your reply from Adobe sounds like it's coming from a Robot. "Let's take a closer look, shall we?"

I was just trying to be polite and engaging. I assure you that I am not an automaton. I am a real person, born and bred in Northern California with around 30 years of editing experience. Hope I can help.

I've never had such piss-poor performance from a software program.

Must be your hardware or your media as I have very few issues on both my Mac and PC here in the office. Let's try some troubleshooting to see what you've got there.

BTW- If I enable GPU acceleration (as recommended by Adobe) I get horizontal glitches throughout the video.

That's unusual. I would say that the GPU issue seems to be at the heart of your problem as most customers are not seeing that. Have you updated your OS recently? Did you update the OS in the middle of a project? Did you update your project filetype from one major version of the program to the next mid-project?

I had huge ongoing issues with PP2016 and now PP2017 is much worse.

A simple graphic will crash my computer.

That's also unusual. You should not be crashing on "a simple graphic." Which format is it in? Is it in RGB format? Is it a PNG, TIFF, JPEG, PSD? What is the bit depth of these files? What is the frame size?

I'm using the AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB cards I have installed in my Mac Pro (Late 2013)

3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5

32 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC

AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB

Do you have a media drive for your media? How is it connected? In a RAID? Is it formatted properly? Is GPU acceleration enabled in Project Settings?

We could use more details about your case in order to help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

One more thought: I would also have Apple (Support) test your GPUs to make sure that they are not heat damaged. The glitches you describe have been found in some machines with heat damaged GPUs.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there Geoff, Chris,

Please let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines