• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linked images skewed in 2017 INDD

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran updates to the 2017 InDesign (stupidly in the middle of a big project) and  am having trouble with placing images. For certain images I've placed, when I re-open the file after closing it, the photo is all blurred. This is happening consistently and I have to re-link the image every time. Why?!?

Happily linked image:

muffins.jpg

Image after I save, close, and re-open:

muffins1.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What file type have the images? Never use EPS!

Did you try to make an IDML cleanup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, just JPEG images. I am not familiar with IDML cleanups. . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Erin,

Please  relaunch InDesign with clean preferences. It should work then.

To trash preferences, Press ctrl+Alt+Shift(win) or shift+control+opt+command(mac) while launching InDesign

Thanks,

Monica Singh

InDesign Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Erin and Monica

Same probleme here. Trashing the preferences didn't solve the problem. Its really annoying. Relinking solves the problem temporary. Just scrolling a page out of and into view and the images are skewed again.

I now have a file where I have two images on one page. Both are displayed skewed. The image is compressed to the left half of the page, the right half is widened (see image). After relinking one of the images, that one is ok. When I relink the second one, the first one is skewed again. Very frustrating.

Oh, and it only happens in prewiev-mode (w).

Any help is highly appreciated,

Patrick

PS: I'm using ID2017.0 on OSX 10.11.6

Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-24 um 08.42.04.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off GPU Performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bob. This seems to help.
However, I'm still hoping for a quick fix for this problem. GPU-acceleration should speed up the workflow and is one of the reasons why I am working with Adobe software. It's not a satisfying solution to just turn it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t have a computer capable of it, but I do believe I’ve read a few posts where this happened to others. Seems to be a bug. You may want to file your own report: http://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bob for the Link. I just filed a bug report.

Two days ago, I wrote, that the problem seemed do occur only in preview (w) mode. However, I had a file yesterday where it occured only in normal mode and not in preview mode... strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Iridios,

Did you ever get a reply back from Adobe? I'm having this same issue! Super frustrating...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michele

No, I didn't get any reply. I get the issue just occasionaly and haven't encountered it in the last weeks. Let's hope it never happens again. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi together,

just my take on this:

We have to wait until a first bug-fix version of CC 2017 is out.
That did not happen yet since it was released in October 2016.

One of my rules—that I have to break sometimes because customers demand it:
Never use a dot o version of software for production purposes. Just use it for testing with your workflows.

InDesign CC 2017 is still on version 12.0.0.81.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines