Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Autoupdate doesn't work

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Team,

In my environment I have installed the Flash player 24 Version on machines with the below Configuration :

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

SilentAutoUpdateEnable=1

AutoUpdateDisable=0

Services: Adobe Flash player service is set to "Manual"

Machines are failing to run the Autoupdate and I need to enable it so that all machine will do install automatically without user Intervention (Silently)

But I saw some machines which are Over Direct access they update automatically and no issues but on my office network it doesn''t work .

Could you please suggest if any network is blocking to me that is failing our machines to install, where the automatic URL hit to for download? Let me know if any particular setting need to be enabled or some GPO settings is required to achieve this ?

Regards,

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from Comments forum to a Flash forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you using any proxy server? Please go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash path delete FlashInstall.log and open mms.cfg file and add SilentAutoUpdateVerboseLogging=1. In the same path you will find FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe. Run the service. Share the FlashInstall.log file created. To share the same you can go through How to share a document. Post a link to the shared file here.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player is failing to update because the (new) file is failing to download.  The specific error in the log file is:

2017-3-27+13-11-43.54 [error] 1214 12002

1214 = Error has occurred when downloading installer

12002 = Windows error code - ERROR_INTERNET_TIMEOUT The request has timed out.

Possibly due to proxy server or firewall rules.  The machines that are failing need to be able to allow the new version file to be downloaded in the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please let me know what URL and Port it establish to download the Content , so that I can check if any firewall or any policy is blocking not to download the files through Internet automatically.

But when we manually invoke we able to download the Files without issues and Moreover we have acrobat auto update enabled and I see its working very Fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I sent you a private message.

As for Acrobat auto update working, Acrobat doesn't use the same update mechanism as Flash Player.  I can't speak as to why it works for Acrobat, but is not working for Flash Player.

You may also consider hosting the background update resources locally within your organization.  More information on Background Update resources see the section 'Background updates from an internal server' in the Flash Player Administrator Guide.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your swift reply ,

Looks its the proxy of our environment which is blocking the traffic and causing this issue . Will let you know in case we still face any issues.

Regards,

Ram Prasad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Ram Prasad Dora

I suspect the issue you posted at Flash Popup Issue  is related to this issue.  If you're firewall rules are blocking the Background Update Service then the system will not be updated via Background Update Service.  Technically a system that is opted into Background Update is still opted into Notification Updates.

Background Updates checks for an update once per day, using the Background Update Service).  If an update is found it's downloaded and installed silently in the background.

Notification Updates checks for an update once every 7 days (Flash Player makes this check, not a Service).  If an update is found a RunOnce registry entry is created, which displays the Notification Update dialog window your clients are seeing.

If the firewall rules are blocking the Background Update check, then your clients are getting the Notification Update notification announcing a new version is available.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Locking this topic.  User has a duplicate discussion topic at Re: Flash Popup Issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines