Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

error installing Flash Player using MSI installer

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

i have the same Problem and activated verbose Mode. The Installer stops on following line. It happens on NPAPI and ActiveX. You can wait here for hours:

MSI (s) (74:60) [11:23:35:920]: Executing op: CustomActionSchedule(Action=NewCustomAction1,ActionType=3090,Source=C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Local\Temp\{08A17A35-5362-453D-B788-AB76F5899684}\InstallPlugin_25_0_0_127.exe,Target=-install -msi -prev 0,)

If you try reboot the computer, you get an errormessage:

flashmsi.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fuwe​,

Please run the MSI installer again and create a log file with the v+x options (verbose + additional debugging) enabled.

When the installation hangs, close out of the installation process and upload the verbose MSI log file and the FlashInstall.log files from C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash AND C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash directories to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

<edit>

I branched your post to a new topic as it doesn't appear to be related to the discussion topic you posted to (Flash msi 25.0.0.127 problem​).  The OP reported their installation appeared to complete (no error reported), while you are reporting an error

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded the Logfiles and send you the Cloud Link via PM. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fuwe ,

I received your PM with the link to the uploaded log files. I'll forward the logs to the installer engineer for review.

<edit> What operating system, including version, is this on?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fuwe,

After you reproduce the issue and get the error message from the Plugin MSI installer, try playing Flash content in your Firefox browser and let us know if the Flash Player is installed or not. Here is some Flash content: Adobe - Flash Player

Also, please run the Flash Player Plugin EXE installer and let us know if you see a similar hang.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi together,

i started from scratch, reinstalled one of our Test Machines fresh downloaded and repackaged the MSI´s. Now its working! I have no idea what´s different since last time.

We start Level 1 Test Roll-Out to about <100 Machines and give Feedback.

Thanks for your support

FU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the update.  Glad to hear it's working now.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines