• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgraded to Windows 10; says my photoshop isnt activated

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had my photoshop program for almost 10 years now and it has always run just fine on any windows upgrade I have done.  I use to just be able to call the activation number, explain how I upgraded my system and get it activated that way.  Now there is no phone number, no where to get a hold of anyone in customer service.  I don't know how to get my photoshop to run on Windows 10.  Is this adobe's way of forcing users with older versions to have to buy new ones?  I use photoshop to play around in, it isn't worth me buying a whole new application when the old one works just fine for my needs.....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Unlikely to be anything to do with Win 10.

The reason you cannot activate CS is because the activation server for CS2 and older versions no longer exists. Adobe removed it years ago.

You can however download and install a special non-activation version of CS2 (applies to CS owners too) and licence it with a new non-activation serial number.

"Activation server unavailable" error in Adobe CS2, Acrobat 7, and Audition 3

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Adobe Creative Cloud

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An idea that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10... works for some, not for others

-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window

-or Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 to assign FULL Windows permissions may help... says Encore, but sometimes required for ALL Adobe programs (this is NOT the same as using an Administrator account)

-or more on permissions https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2293598

NOTE - Win10 anniversary update version 1607 has caused MAJOR problems with old programs, so the above may not work

-Notice http://www.computerworld.com/article/3157369/windows-pcs/new-windows-10-build-is-a-monster-update.ht...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly I've tried all of those and I keep getting this same message:
Your computer's configuration appears to have change since the time this product was activated.  To continue using this product, please click OK to activate it again for your new system configuration, or click Cancel to exit.

When I click OK it takes me to the old activation screen where you can activate by internet or phone.  If I click internet it says there is an error and cannot connect me at this time.  When I dial the phone number it tells me they no longer do phone activation and to go to a website (this website).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>photoshop program for almost 10 years

Exactly which version?

It may be that your program is simply too old to work with Win10

At this point, your only solution MAY be to buy a Photoshop Elements that is compatible with Win10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe it is PhotoshopCS version 8.0, I guess I will have to do some more investigating and see if it is just the fault of Windows 10.  I have had nothing but problems with my computer since I did that upgrade, I could smack myself for doing it!  Thank you for your help though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you've been very lucky, upgrading your system without budgeting for upgrading your apps, but your luck has run out. The original CS version can no longer be installed or activated, not on any computer at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unlikely to be anything to do with Win 10.

The reason you cannot activate CS is because the activation server for CS2 and older versions no longer exists. Adobe removed it years ago.

You can however download and install a special non-activation version of CS2 (applies to CS owners too) and licence it with a new non-activation serial number.

"Activation server unavailable" error in Adobe CS2, Acrobat 7, and Audition 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines