• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse menu problems

Explorer ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully, I am posting this in the right place.

I have a problem with a website I am developing. The menu item at the top right's hyperlinks are not working. I've checked in Muse and they are definitely there. My website is at www.film42.com.

I am using Muse CC 2017.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

All menu items except "contact" are working here.

• Is a transparent element overlapping this item?
  • Is the menu a manual menu and you forgot to assign the link?
  • Did you inadvertently define the Menu item as "Include without hyperlink"?

Beside this: Your page works very poor on tablts and smart phones, bevause you don't respect the defined page/breakpoint width.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All menu items except "contact" are working here.

• Is a transparent element overlapping this item?
  • Is the menu a manual menu and you forgot to assign the link?
  • Did you inadvertently define the Menu item as "Include without hyperlink"?

Beside this: Your page works very poor on tablts and smart phones, bevause you don't respect the defined page/breakpoint width.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my side, all menu items seem to work. Contact opens my email window.

As this site is "under construction" I try to ignore the fact, that menus on all following pages are missing.

This might be annoying for users at the end. But this, was not not your question, I guess.

For Günter Heißenbüttel​: I thought, if layout is responsive, breakpoints don`t have to follow any rules? Maybe ksangani​ had the same thoughts?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Gunter. No. It wasn't any of those. In any-case, I have rebuilt the menu from scratch.

Thanks Fotoroeder. I agree it needs work - especially in tablet mode. I'm on it.

Also, after I rebuilt the menu and deleted the old, a weird behaviour is now occurring with the mobile menu. It first appears after the first breakpoint (as desired) but then disappears after scrubbing through the second breakpoint. It seems to be there on the preview and in design mode. Attached is a screen recording of these modes. You can see this on the screen recording (attached).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isolate the menu, place it into a new Muse document, upload it to Dropbox or a similar filesharing service and post the download link here. Then we can have a look without guessing and assuming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Hi Gunther. Please ignore the link above. It was just the element. I have now embedded the menu element into a document. Here is the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do know, why your menu (let´s call it hamburger without meat), does not appear on white. It is set to active as kind of grey but in normal state set to white. Then it is a white cat in the snow. You can touch it, changes the mouse to hand ...

Have a look at the states in the upper left corner, then you will see your menu, I hope.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the only issue! Menus within lighboxes don’t work correctly in actual Muse (You remember, Uwe? )

Read here: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9458879#9458879

or here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2302134

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course I remember, but with the transition set to vertical or horizontal it does work, doesn`t it. His ksangani​ last issue was, that the hamburger didn´t appear. This should be solver with the states set correctly, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

… but the "Close" button sometimes doesn’t disappear when clicked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is, on my side, even worse. Trying the menu twice, it doesn`t close the menu itself anymore.

So, if the composition widget does not work reliable, what do you recommend? Or, what is common sense?

Using an accordion with only one panel and put the menu in there? I heard, that chrome creates issues with accordions?

Or does this depend only, if the menu is created with several panels, function as menu buttons? Or do I mix something up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might sound dumb, did you clear your cache and reload?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have no time to go in depth with this issue. I think, compositions have problems, when triggering a lightbox in context with breakpoints. I'd simply avoid lightboxes in this case and wait, what the next major update with responsive composition support will reveal …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines