• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Surface Pro 4 Extended Display and Bounding Boxes

New Here ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to a SP4 (16GB RAM) with an additional display. The bounding boxes are offset and it's annoying when resizing an object. How do I get the bounding boxes back to where they belong? Super new at all this and need as much help as possible.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicolas,

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of your issue so that we can assist you further? Here's how you can attach a screenshot: How to add a screenshot to a forum message from iPad/iPhone

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicolas,

It seems to be related to the additional display. Please drag/ use Illustrator on the main display and check if that fix this issue. Do share the result.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to have fixed it. However, working on the small Surface screen defeats the purpose of the extended display. That was the primary reason for the additional display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for confirming that. I completely understand your situation. How did you connect your extended display? I mean USB, HDMI, VGA? I Would also suggest to try an alternate way to connect the extra display and check. For example if you are using a converter kind of device, try an HDMI or something like that. In the meanwhile, once you inform me the type of connection you are using at the moment, I'll check it with the engineering team, if there's a reported issue like this one.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, I am going from the mini display port to HDMI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information. Let me check for any possible reported issue about this.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem:
Laptop: Razer Blade Stealth

Laptop Display: 3840x2160 250% Recommended
In this Work fine

Second Display: 3840x2160 150%  Recommended

I get the same issues
The only way is change 150% to 175% but the Ui are too big

Thanks for any help you can provide ohmnath!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Filippo_Marchiafava,

I assume your secondary monitor is connected via HDMI. If yes, please try a VGA cable and check if you still get this issue. This is already reported to the concerned team and a workaround is to use VGA.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ohmnat,
Thanks for the answer, my monitor don't have the VGA port (Samsung UHD)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the details. I can understand your situation in that case. Are you using a connector or a straight HDMI cable from the monitor? If you are using a connector in between, you can try to bypass it and check. The workaround is to use Illustrator on the main screen at the moment.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! Looking forward for some other solution, use Illustrator in the main screen means becoming blind in a few weeks due to the 12.5" display
All the best,
FM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines