• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Walking to the side of the screen

New Here ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My character, with the walk behavior, walks to the side of the screen when I press the arrow key an THEN it keeps walking on the same place. Why doesn't it stay in the middle of the screen while walking? Also I can't use the face behavior this way, the head will stay in the middle of the screen while the body walks to the side.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why doesn't it stay in the middle of the screen while walking?

This is usually determined by Body Speed. By default this is 0% - no movement. At 100% this means walking without foot sliding.

Also I can't use the face behavior this way, the head will stay in the middle of the screen while the body walks to the side.

See the Walkbot example puppet from the Start workspace - the Walk behavior is added at the top level puppet, and Face works. Try emulating that setup.

If problems persist, feel free to share your .puppet file (File > Export > Puppet) via a shared link on Google Drive, Dropbox, or Creative Cloud to take a closer look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-positioning the origin point of the main puppet fixed the issue. Another thing I can't figure out: My character looks best when I staple his feet to the ground and when the body parts return to rest position in 1 second. But if I try to move his feet, there's always that point that still wants to stick to the ground. Do you have any tricks for that?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fixed handles and walking don't get along too great - you'll get some fighting between the walk trying to move and the fixed part trying to stay in place. If you really want a true stationary character for resting, we recommend the 3-view structure that the Maddie example character has (Character Animator Examples). Then for your "frontal" view you can remove the walk rigging and just have that part pinned down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines