• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ae 2017 is crashing on startup "while invoking Ray-Traced 3d"

Explorer ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ae 2017 (Mac) crashing on startup "while invoking Ray-Traced 3d" - I've uninstalled, reinstalled, removed prefs... little help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Update: found "CUDA.framework" in my Library, trashed it, and now Ae 2017 opens. (Never used any CUDA on this iMac - the framework was probably ported over when I updated from my old machine, which did have a CUDA processor.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use ray tracing.  Seriously.  I's an obsolete function in AE.  You're doing yourself no favors by using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't. This is happening on startup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you've done the couple things I would have suggested. Did this just start? (Immediately after the most recent update?)
Are your graphics drivers up to date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Started this morning. I was running the previous version of 2017 and all of a sudden it wouldn't open, freezing at "cleaning CEP manager" during startup. So I installed the update, and now this. Very frustrating. Luckily I still have 2015 on here and could save down from another machine. Not a graphics card issue, worked fine until this morning. Where's Todd Kopriva when you need him? 🙂 Ugh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Victoria Nece is the PM for After Effects now - I'm not sure I've seen her on these forums much, though.
I'd file a bug report, for sure - it's possible you're not the only one with the issue.

In the meantime, I did find this thread: April 2017 update: AE crashes on start up while loading ray-traced 3d

And this one? After Effects, the new Mac Pro, and ray-traced 3D compositions

You should post your full system specs, it'll help diagnose the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow thx very helpful - will file a br asap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: found "CUDA.framework" in my Library, trashed it, and now Ae 2017 opens. (Never used any CUDA on this iMac - the framework was probably ported over when I updated from my old machine, which did have a CUDA processor.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines