• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Building a new workstation with CS6 Mastercollection

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So a long time ago in a galaxy not so far away I bought the cs6 student master collection in anticipation of building my own workstation and making videos for a youtube channel. Now I finally have the money to build a nice rig to game and video edit with and was wondering if my new build will work with the old software.

Here is my build...

Windows 10

CPU: Intel Core i7-6800K Broadwell-E 6-Core 3.4 GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W BX80671I76800K Desktop Processor - N...

GPU: GEFORCE GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME ED-Newegg.com

Memory: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2666 (PC4 21300) Memory Kit Model CMK3...

Second question...

The new AMD Ryzen Cpus are looking very powerful at an affordable price. Would these also work for CS6?

Third question.

Would this graphics card be better than the gtx 1080 listed above and work with CS6?
XFX Radeon Pro Duo R9-PROD-8VRW 8GB 4096-Bit HBM PCI Express 3.0 CrossFireX Support Video Card - Ne...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

If at all possible, use Win7 or Win8 instead of Win10... check Amazon to see if they still sell either

An idea that MAY work to install and/or run CS6 in Windows 10... works for some, not for others

-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window

-or Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 to assign FULL Windows permissions may help... says Encore, but sometimes required for ALL Adobe programs (this is NOT the same as using an Admi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If at all possible, use Win7 or Win8 instead of Win10... check Amazon to see if they still sell either

An idea that MAY work to install and/or run CS6 in Windows 10... works for some, not for others

-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window

-or Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 to assign FULL Windows permissions may help... says Encore, but sometimes required for ALL Adobe programs (this is NOT the same as using an Administrator account)

-or more on permissions https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2293598

NOTE - Win10 anniversary update version 1607 has caused MAJOR problems with old programs, so the above may not work

-Notice http://www.computerworld.com/article/3157369/windows-pcs/new-windows-10-build-is-a-monster-update.ht...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

John,

Windows 7 is NOT a viable option for any newer PCs with newer CPUs. That is because Microsoft now no longer supports anything other than Windows 10 for any PC based on any of the AMD Ryzen or Intel Kaby Lake CPUs. The OP will not receive even security patches, let alone hardware support updates, for Windows 7 if that PC is equipped with any of the newest CPUs or chipsets. Windows 7 will still receive security patches, but the CPU and chipset compatibility will be frozen to pre-Skylake levels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the amd ryzen cpu's could help cut costs, or upgrade to an 8 core for the same price, but i don't recall if anyone has had ryzen working with cs6 or had problems. i would put the odds of any ryzen and cs6 compatibility issues as low, and there could just as easily be issues between new/recent intel hardware or new versions of windows as john points out.

intel is about to release a new line of cpu's, which might be slightly better. but if you are worried about cs6 compatibility you might have better luck finding feedback on the web with cs6 and the i7-6800k or broadwell-e cpu's.

as for the radeon duo pro card, i don't think cs6 supports dual video cards. even the current release of premiere and most of adobe's software still have limitations with two video cards, so its better to stick with one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines