• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the true cost of "Au Shareware" or "Free Download"

Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I once was a fairly serious user of pre-Audition, audition.  Then I moved to Audition 3, then 3.01.  And then my HDD crashed.  Long story short, with Windows 10 I can't get anything Audition to install.  I had it going on Win7, but nothing after that.  So I have just about given up.  Just today I see things pop up about Auditon Shareware, free download Audition, and an Adobe add linking to Audition CC purporting to be free, except at the bottom it mentions a subscription, which is a hefty price for someone that uses sound editing software about quarterly.

I also see Magix has it "ACID Music Studio 10" on sale for $20.  I'm thinking my best be is to forget Adobe and Audition forever and move on.  And yes, I paid for Audition 3, had a legal license, and was royally hacked off when the licensing server suddenly had a "technical issue".

I would like to hear some ideas from the community on this.

Thank you all

cjack99

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

cjack99  wrote

Thanks for the info Steve.  Only problem is, does not work.  It did work on

Win7 when I moved from my old PC to my new one.  But - Somehow I got

trapped in that automatic Win10 thing that happened...... I guess like Dec

2015, and Audition never worked since.

Well, it must be something you've done - it works fine here on my similarly-upgraded laptop...

Audition 3 on Win10.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cjack99  wrote

And yes, I paid for Audition 3, had a legal license, and was royally hacked off when the licensing server suddenly had a "technical issue".

I would like to hear some ideas from the community on this.

Well, I can deal with that one for you - look here:

Audition 3 and the activation service

You will have to follow the instructions carefully, but it should work fine on Windows 10 running as a 32-bit emulation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info Steve. Only problem is, does not work. It did work on

Win7 when I moved from my old PC to my new one. But - Somehow I got

2015, and Audition never worked since. I did do a painstaking manual

delete of all things Audition, I went further than the one that's linked in

the page you referenced, and then I downloaded the Audition package, and

the .exe files did there thing, but the installers would open and crash,

end of story. It's not like I've worked on this every second since Jan

2016, but about once a quarter I need to do some sound things, and I try

again, I'm just getting tired of trying.

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 3:01 PM, SteveG(AudioMasters) <

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cjack99  wrote

Thanks for the info Steve.  Only problem is, does not work.  It did work on

Win7 when I moved from my old PC to my new one.  But - Somehow I got

2015, and Audition never worked since.

Well, it must be something you've done - it works fine here on my similarly-upgraded laptop...

Audition 3 on Win10.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hhhhmmmm,,,, you are the first person to actually report it running under win10.  Ok,,,, I'll go back and try again.  Just to confirm, install order is the .exe with a title like alphabet soup (wxswwsaef) etc, then the loopology.exe,,,,, or is their another order to it???

thanks so far btw.  It's too late to play today, but I'll give it a try next couple days and report back.

cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing you need to install is ADBEAudition_ESD1_WWEFGJIS.exe using the serial number adjacent to the file download link when asked for it. The Loopology files simply unzip - they don't need installing at all. The other thing you'll probably need is the 3.0.1 patch, and if you read further in the FAQ, you'll find the folders you need to delete, and what you need to remove in the registry - if you've had it installed at all, you'll need rid of this lot before it will install again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for the record, I had Audition 3.01 installed on my computer (from the download/activation link Steve gave) and it still works fine after a Windows 7 to Windows 10 update.  Indeed, I opened it yesterday to help somebody with a query on these forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also running fine on my laptop with latest Win 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me again;

I'm taking this very slow, step by step.  I have the downloads, again, including the 3.01 patch.

step one delete the adobe/audition 3 folder - done

step two delete c:windows\installer\{5and a whole bunch of numbers} - fail, there is no windows\installer folder in Win10,,,,, so...???

step three, registry deletes:

installer root - 4CF...............yada - does not exist

root installer products AB14..........etc -  does not exist

ok, switching gears, I think the list there is just too far out of date, reverting to good ole search for audition and delete them all, this will take a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, went through the registry searching for "audition", pretty sure I found everything, and I noticed the installer piece is now in the registry.  Have to watch out because there are some windows components with "audition" in them, did not want to wipe those out.

then went back to my downloads and kicked off ADBEAudition_ESD1_WWEFGJIS.exe - it completes, and launches what I think is Windows MSI, which opens, asks if I want to allow it to make changes, (yes), and then it fades away, no further indication it is running.  A look at task manager shows it is using 0 cpu and memory.

So,,, I went to the extraction point - and manually ran audition setup.exe.  I also starts and then just quits.

However, in looking through my PC I find my desktop has some audition 3 content.  So, I am going to wipe that, (I could swear I had everything, but I guess not) and try it again tomorrow.  I will follow this to the bitter end....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok;  I could not wait until tomorrow. 

I wiped the stuff I mentioned in previous.

I did a registry search for "audition" and it found no occurrences. (btw this told it did not install earlier, or there would have been some instances of audition in the registry)

Being suspicious, I rebooted the pc

I then ran the downloaded "A.....JIS.exe" again.

this time I saw, for the first time in several years that beloved audition install screen, and the form asking for the serial number!!!

And after it did it's thing I was able to launch and run Audition 3.0 again.  yippee.  Thanks a bunch Steve for forcing me through this pain.  I still have to install the patch, but I'm sure that will go fine.

Apparently that hard to find little piece of former install was enough to run everything off the rails.

cheers!!

cjack99

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm glad it's worked out. We may have to revisit the situation with the registry - thinking about it, the deletion instructions have been there since Windows 7...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines