• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

More Photoshop Crashing

Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted earlier but then the problem came up again after I "solved" the issue. Sorry if i'm double posting here but I guess the questions don't get bumped if there's a reply.

I can open photoshop but when i try to open a file it crashes. I reinstalled it and it worked but now it's doing it again. Please help. Thank you.photohsopError.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally figured out I should post a crash log and that should help

Faulting application name: Photoshop CC 2017.5.exe, version: 18.0.0.53, time stamp: 0x57fde9fd

Faulting module name: ACE.dll, version: 2.20.2.37848, time stamp: 0x58891241

Exception code: 0xc000041d

Fault offset: 0x000000000008147c

Faulting process id: 0x21e8

Faulting application start time: 0x01d304d1881dd86b

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Photoshop CC 2017.5.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\ACE.dll

Report Id: ce8c6c3b-70c4-11e7-b2fe-d067e5ea564a

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at the third item in this thread: Crashes when I open a photo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I suppose it could be the graphics card going bad? I ran the dell diagnostics on my machine and everything checked out. Drivers are updated. Nividia card was fine too. Not sure what the lava or bin thing is and don't think I have that. In the error says the ace.dll file but i've uninstalled it and reinstalled it. I've reset the preferences too. Gotta be something I'm missing, but what? Some sort of test or scan or something I can do? Thank you for your help BarbBinder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sadly Michael, my strength is not troubleshooting hardware/software issues, it's explaining how to specific features can be used. I'm hoping somebody else will see this thread and will hop on board to give you a hand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines