Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Expressions stop working after rendering CC2017

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have several Expression heavy projects that do everything from controlling text, swapping out colors, calculating the date and time and updating logos by choosing a specific frame in a precomp. Everything works great until I click the render button. The render itself is fine, but once the render is complete the expressions no longer work. Whatever values were entered before rendering are unable to be changed. It's almost as if they are "baked" in to the project somehow. The odd thing is that I can see some of the values changing in the layers, such as a color swatch, but it doesn't update in the composition window. The only way I can get the expressions to work again, is to close the project and then reopen it. I've tested the projects in CC2014 and they all work fine. Has anyone run into anything like this?

Here are my workstation specs:

MacOS 10.12.1

Mac Pro (Late 2013) - 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5

32 GB Ram

AMD FirePro D700

Thanks in advance for your help!

TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like this is being discussed in this thread.  We're having the same issue.

Expressions Not Updating?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for sharing the link!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines