• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Acrobat DC won't open links in TOC?

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our firm creates closing binders with a Table of Contents with links to headers within the document. Acrobat, which far and away is the most popular pdf reader in the world doesn't open the links in the TOC. The little hand appears indicating you are hovering over a link but when you click it, nothing happens. It doesn't take you to that portion of the document. Several other PDF programs do work with these TOC links, like pdfDocs but not Acrobat DC? Your time and help with this is appreciated. I am searching with google and in TechNet but not having much luck. Thanks...DN

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Donaldn,

As you have mentioned above that you are not able to open the TOC links on PDF, it is an issue with a particular PDF?

Did you check with other PDFs, if you experience the same issue or not?

Please let us know the dot version of the Adobe application and the OS you are using.

You may refer the steps provided here Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC to check the version number.

Could you please let us know if this for created in Adobe Acrobat?

If possible can you share the form with us, so we can check it on our end?

Refer the steps provided here How to share a document to share the form.

Let us know if you have any questions or need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working with the users who actually create the TOC. They type up the TOC in word, then convert it to PDF and then create the links in Acrobat Pro. I am getting them to send me some other closing binders that are less sensitive data that I can work with and may be able to share. We are a law firm and all our data is usually very confidential.

We are testing now. I will report back what we find. Thanks…dn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A better workflow would be:

1. Use the styles called Heading 1, Heading 2, etc., in Word for your headings
  2. Do not use local formatting--redefine the style definitions
  3. Generate an automatic TOC. Word will do this from the headings as a field, which can be updated.
  4. Use the Acrobat tab to create the PDF.
  5. In Preferences on the Acrobat tab, confirm that the Heading styles will create both Bookmarks and Links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines