20 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2016 12:07 PM by vincentd74048800

Issue with ProRes importing into Premiere CC in Windows

EconomyMetal Level 1

Hey all,

I realize the futility of using ProRes in a Windows environment, so I figured I'd just get that out of the way right off the bat.  This is how I received the footage from the client and it's too much to try and convert into another codec (though if I must, I will, I'd just like to avoid it).  Even so, I didn't really have an issue with this until I tried to work in CC.

I started this project in Premiere CS5 and was having no issues.  I received some AE files in CC and decided I'd bite the bullet and move to the latest and greatest rather than try and rebuild the projects in CS5.  I download, install, update, open up Premiere to rebuild the short edit, and then find that when I import ProRes files, all I get is audio, no video.  I can import other codecs just fine, it's just ProRes that's refusing.

I've made sure Quicktime and the Windows QT Decoder for ProRes are updated, as well as Premiere CC.  I've currently got all my work files bundled up on a drive to take to my 9 to 5 and work on a Mac on my lunch break, but for obvious reasons, I'd like to be able to work at home.

This client doesn't provide enough work to warrant a new Mac purchase, and I'm just at wit's end.  It worked fine in CS5, why not in CC?

Here's my specs:

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

Premiere Pro CC 7.0.1

Quicktime (fully updated)

Quicktime ProRes Decoder for Windows (fully updated)

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated!