• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IMM4 VCM Codec Support

Participant ,
Oct 11, 2013 Oct 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some security camera footage I need to analyze for a client.  It's a 704x480 AVI using an IMM4 codec. It plays in WMP on several computers, however PPro does not like this codec. IMM4 VCM is new to me, but after reading up on it, it appears to show up in several security DVR products.

I'd like to get Adobe PPro happy with this format so I can load the files.  I want to tile them up and scrub through hours of footage.  Also, it is imperative that I maintain the quality of the picture (well....it's a poor quality image...typical surv cam footage....but I cannot afford to alter the image any further) and if I cannot get PPro hip to this format natively, I'll have to figure out a way to convert it, and in order to preserve the picture, that will probably mean uncompressed AVI, which, given the amount of footage, will really suck.

Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Buck Wyckoff

Buckward Digital

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check with the security company to see if they have a codec which you may download and install for PPro editing

ADDED

It says VLC will convert a different problem codec in reply #6 http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1172956 so give that a try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

I know it is Mpeg4 because the device lit says so.  So #6 in that thread sounds like it may work.

One thing: What is Vlc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns out VLC does not like IMM4 either.  Oh well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Google, I found https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=41968&start=0 which says Lorex has a codec

YMMV and all the usual disclaimers (ie-try the Lorex link at your own risk !!!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS - Lorex is a good company, I own one of their security DVR systems

My warning was because I have never tried to extract/edit anything from the DVR, so I have NO personal knowledge about their codec

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 21, 2014 Mar 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Usually the driver comes with that if you do a backup from your DVR to a CD or USB. It will have a player, video, info, setup.exe. If you run the setup.exe, you should be able to play in anyplayer. I am trying to upload the setup file and having a hard time. Will update to this thread once I have the link from a fileshare site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines