• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 201; CC desktop app constantly logged out, won't redownload

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running CC on Windows 7, 64bit. Have run into the "Please log in/You are now logged out" loop before, so uninstalled the CC desktop app, renamed the OOBE file to OOBE_OLD, and attempted to re-download and re-install the CC app. This worked last time, but today every time I attempt to download, it gives me error code 201 and tells me to seek help.

There does not appear to be anything pertinent to this issue on the forums already. Any help would be appreciated.

error image.JPG

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LawnSnark ,

Welcome to Adobe Forums.

Error 201 indicates that the download of the installation files was unable to be resumed successfully or it can be lack of sufficient permissions as well.

Please create a new Administrator user account , Download Creative Cloud desktop app in new account and sign in.

Please reply for any assistance.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2014 Apr 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not solve the problem. I created a new Admin account on my computer and attempted to download the CC desktop app from the new account, and got the same response. It loads about halfway, just like before and then comes up with error 201.

I was originally attempting this download from an Admin account, so creating a new one was not likely to have any effect; but I had to verify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2014 Apr 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going to call support to get this resolved; thanks for your help PrernaArora.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 25, 2014 Apr 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

_ Delete OOBE folder from :

C:\yser\votre_session\AppData\Local\Adobe

Install creative cloud app from :

https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2014 Apr 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

same problem here. Can you let us know if and how you solved this?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2014 Apr 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I do not know that I actually solved this. The download finally went through, after about the 18th attempt; neither monkeying around with the OOBE folder nor setting up another Admin account had any effect. I suspect, as I've had similar authentication issues with Adobe before, that the problem has to do with their servers.

Once the download completed, and I had the desktop app back, it was signing me out automatically again. Deleting the OOBE folder (after a few failed sign-in attempts) and signing in again fixed that this time.

I think it was a mistake to uninstall the CC app in the first place. It compounded the auto-signout issue without actually fixing anything.

Just stating the obvious here, but I used CS2 for over five years without ever having to dig into my root folders to fix authentication problems. It has become almost a monthly occurence, now that I'm using CC, and it is wasting a lot of valuable time. This is not a positive development for Adobe's software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2014 May 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it is doing the exact same thing again. None of the posted solutions solve this bug. I face this problem monthly now, and I still do not know how to fix it. I don't know what got rid of it last time. I sign out of the CC desktop app, close down every running Adobe process, delete each mention of the OOBE folder, and try again and again to download the CC desktop app with the same results. 2/3rds of the way through the download, error 201 shows up.

Nothing anyone has posted anywhere on these forums does any good at all for this. I just finished wrestling with this three weeks ago, and spent hours trying to solve it. Now it's back again. I didn't change anything between then and now; didn't update or download any programs, didn't mess with the settings - nothing. The problem is clearly not with my computer.

This problem is with Adobe's servers, and they need to fix it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not resolve this error, which is the other option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Try this:

Uninstall CC desktop with the uninstaller,you can download it from this page ( Doesn't matter if it's done with errors ) :

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/Error_Code_2_failed_update.html

Delete following folders ( Some folders are not there,it depends on your system ) :

WIN :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\AAMUpdaterInventory

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SLCache

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\SLStore

C:\Programmes\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE

C:\Programmes\Common Files\Adobe\AAMUpdaterInventory

C:\users\<your_account>\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE

C:\users\<your_account>\AppData\Local\Adobe\AAMUpdater

MAC:

[MacHD]/Applications/Utilitaires/Application Manager

[MacHD]/Applications/Utilitaires/Adobe Creative Cloud

[MacHD]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE

[MacHD]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater

[MacHD]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdaterInventory

[MacHD]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/SLStore

[MacHD]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/SLCache

~Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE

~Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater

~Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdaterInventory

Install CC desktop again :

Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe CC trial

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did everything ... deleted everything I had in Win.

Unfortunately there is a problem with the Lite, I downloaded Adobe Reader DC through Craeative Cloud, but he does not run the Lite, tried to download again and says Cloude is already installed!

Really no longer know what can be done, if not the support can solve!

How about a remote assistance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry but I don't understand your problem.

The procedure explained before is for CC desktop only otherwise it's not for you.

Could you please explain the issue with details ?

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2015 Jul 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Keeps giving error 201, although I have already deleted all the adobe cloud.

I'm trying to download the Lite for evaluation and can not !!

I managed to download the Acrobat Reader DC that fell along the Cloud,

because then the Lite gives this error?

Hope you can give me a concrete help, because three days I can not even one

correct answer!

Thanks

2015-07-10 3:34 GMT-03:00 arij2010 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

Adobe Community <https://forums.adobe.com/?et=watches.email.thread> Error

201; CC desktop app constantly logged out, won't redownload

resposta de arij2010

<https://forums.adobe.com/people/arij2010?et=watches.email.thread> em *Adobe

Creative Cloud* - Visualize a discussão completa

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/7740643?et=watches.email.thread#7740643>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2015 Jul 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tecaj55502974‌, let me try to help, telling what I did to fix it here.

Try to download a new version of the installer.

But, ATTENTION. Before to start downloading the installer, you should KEEP OPENED the Photoshp Elements download page.

If you do not do this BEFORE CLICK on the installer download, you acess will be denied, ok?

Do this way:

1. Open and keep opened the Photoshop Elements download page. Do not download anything. Just keep opened, here:

Download Photoshop Elements products | 13, 12, 11, 10

If you do not keep this page opened, the followging download will not work.

2. Download the latest version of installer, here:

http://trials2.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/KCCC/1/win32/ACCCx3_1_1_110.zip

It works fine with me.

I hope works with you too.

Good lucky!!!

Leandro Campos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 12, 2015 Jul 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

The error 201 means that the server response is poor .You have an issue with your internet connection.If you are on a wifi connection,try to connect with a cable .

You can also use the direct link for Acrobat pro DC :.

1. Open and keep opened the Photoshop Elements download page. Do not download anything. Just keep opened, here:

Download Photoshop Elements products | 13, 12, 11, 10

If you do not keep this page opened, the followging download will not work.

2. Delete the previous page link and replace it with this one and click enter :

WIN :

http://trials3.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/APRO/15/win32/Acrobat_DC_Web_WWMUI.exe

MAC :

http://trials3.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/APRO/15/osx10/Acrobat_DC_Web_WWMUI.dmg

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2015 Aug 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I managed to download the LR without error 201, but after downloading it opens with the message that this assessment expired, the revelation mode is not enabled !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2015 Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I did evertyhing people said here but it's still not working! I was trying the trial version, I bought the plan for students and it's still not working! What should I do? Please, help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2015 Sep 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Olá!

O erro 201 não aconteceu mais, em compensação a versão trial baixada diz

que a Revelação está desabilitada.

Realmente tudo isso é muito cansativo! Para que então oferecer um produto

para avaliação??

Att,

Teca

Hello!

The error did not happen 201 more in compensation downloaded the trial

version says that Revelation is disabled.

Really all this is very tiring! To then offer a product for evaluation ??

2015-08-24 16:10 GMT-03:00 louisef78501751 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

Adobe Community <https://forums.adobe.com/?et=watches.email.thread> Error

201; CC desktop app constantly logged out, won't redownload

resposta de louisef78501751

<https://forums.adobe.com/people/louisef78501751?et=watches.email.thread>

em Adobe Creative Cloud - Visualize a discussão completa

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/7893815?et=watches.email.thread#7893815>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2016 Jul 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2016 Jul 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please refer to the help document below which explains the Error Code 201:

Error downloading, installing, or updating Creative Cloud applications

You may also refer to the thread below where this issue has been addressed:

Error 201

Error 201; CC desktop app constantly logged out, won't redownload

The issue might need technical trouble shooting.

Can you please chat with our support engineers at https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html#/top_products …

Thanks

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2014 May 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same error, except my stops at about 5-8% of the download ALL the time.

I somehow got to install in once, but then I deleted it because it wasn't working at all. Now trying to reinstall it is a pain again.

After I had installed it, like I said, it wasn't working at all. It kept telling me that I couldn't reach the adobe servers, which I don't believe should be a problem.

I did try with my anti-viruses off and my firewall down, but it didn't change the result. It's really annoying that I need to have the cloud to have the program... If cloud doesn't work, then you are completely screwed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2014 Jun 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LISTEN HERE, GUYS. I tryed everything. Then I went exactly as they recomend: I deleted all the files somehow related to my old versions of photoshop and their updates. I turned off Firewall, I even deleted my antivirus - it was free. I put my laptop on wired internet. Then I tryed again through a different browser (Google Chrome in my case). And it went fine! I tryed for like 3 hours before that.I hope it will work fot you too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2014 Jun 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same 201 Error.  I simply quit the Creative Cloud application, downloaded the latest version of CC from Adobe Free Creative Cloud | Download Adobe Creative Cloud free trial and reinstalled.  Solved the problem on my end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2014 Jul 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there's a new version of CC Desktop App, and it's got all these cool new features! PSD/vector/image library? Dare I even hope it will work?

Oh, and I cannot use any of the features of CC until I upgrade my desktop app? That's charming. I guess I'll have to try. I mean, surely they fixed this horrible issue with the new release and it won't be a problem, right?

Right?

~download 32% complete~

"There seems to be a problem with the file download. For troubleshooting tips, please visit our customer support page.(Error code: 201) Contact Customer Support"

*smashes head into desk. cries like little girl*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2014 Jul 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quitting or uninstalling the CC desktop app before installing the new one: Doesn't do anything.

Disabling the old OOBE folders: Doesn't do anything.
Ending all open Adobe-related processes: Doesn't do anything.

Turning off the firewall and anti-virus, which weren't blocking these programs in the first place: Doesn't do anything.

Downloading the initial file through Chrome instead of Firefox: Doesn't do anything.

Making a new Admin account to download this program, even though my main account has been Admin-level all the time: Doesn't do anything.
Doing all of the above, together or in any of a thousand combinations: Doesn't do anything.

Oh, and it was FINALLY WORKING before they forced this update! For the first time since I first subscribed, it had gone more than two months without disabling itself!

Do I have to wipe them all off my computer and re-install fresh? All eight programs that I use, almost 5GB of software? Am I going to have to do that monthly?

Does that sound reasonable to anyone?

I'm just trying to work; I don't have time for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines