7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2016 5:34 AM by Willam van Weelden

Search not Working in Webhelp or Webhelp Pro

I am currently running Adobe Robohelp version 10.  I have several different RH files that I manage (desk procedures) and in each of the ones that I manage, my latest publishings have broken search functions.  What I mean by broke: it will search some words just fine, but others that I know are in my desk procedures show "no topics found".   Some of my files are published using webhelp and some webhelp pro, with the same problem.

I have done the following:

1) Gone back to a backed up file dated 05/01/2014 (that the search seems to be working just fine in) and done edits to it, published and it breaks the search.

2) I have gone back to the working 05/01/2014 file and done nothing to it except publish it and it breaks.

3) Checked the button to clear the cache

4) From Webhelp Settings Option I have:

·         Changed output folder that it publishes to (which is on a local drive before I transfer it to the network drive)

·         I have enabled substring search (which actually does allow it to render some results, but not all the results it should)

·         Tried to click “Republish All” setting

5) Created new (not duplicate) webhelp layout

6) Checked that language is set to English (US)

7) Ensured that the words that I know aren’t searching aren’t included in the ignore and stop list.

8) Tried switching from DHTML > Pure HTML to just Pure HTML

9) I noticed that the Output view generates the following message :

Processing Full-text-search data...

Finished processing Full-Text-Search data in 0 sec(s)

10) Deleted the “webhelp” file from the !SSL! folder and then republished it

11) The biggest finds that I have are the following:

·         That publishing the file is what seems to break the search functionality

·         When the file is published a few of the files in the !SSL! folder are substantially smaller than they were in the working file:

o   WHXDATA

o   WHGDATA

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Shannon