I'm noticing a huge item missing from your checklist.
* Applied all the service releases to RoboHelp.
I believe this may have been addressed in a RoboHelp Service Release.
Hi Rick! I'm a fan of your work since I have been looking over the forums the last 3 days! ha ha. I work for the government, so I don't have much control over downloading updates, but when I go to help-->updates, it doesn't show any outstanding updates for RH (I did have my IT download one yesterday, but the problem still exists). I am currently running version 10.0.1.292 on internet explorer 9.
I know this is an awfully old thread, but I am curious to know if the OP fixed this or not. I am currently running Robohelp 220.127.116.11 in Windows 7. I have been running WebHelp Pro output on Server 9, but finally had to toss it out because Server 9 isn't compatible with safe java packs anymore (which breaks its admin functions).
So, I have been experimenting with WebHelp to see if I can just host it on our Tomcat server directly. So far so good, but I have the same issue with a missing whfts.xml file in the whxdata directory. I get a failed to initialize on the search, of course. This is consistent on IE11 and Firefox 45. I have searched the Readmes for 11.01,02,03,and 04 and none reference this problem that I can see? I would like to keep using Robohelp 11 for a while longer if at all possible.Someone else said Adobe pointed them to some missing msxml files--I have msmxl4 but not 4a or 4r (as noted in the first link below) in the Windows SYSWOW64 directory, but if that's the problem I'm out of luck as I too work on highly controlled government machines. All other websites work fine so it's hard to believe it's that. Everything else is peachy. I have tried what others have suggested, including a new SSL, excluding all baggage files from search in the generate options. . .no joy.
Some of what I've read:
I have heard in that same first thread about replacing the js files--has anyone done this? Other suggestions, I am game. Full text search is my only broken issue. Thanks for any advice you can provide.
i have determined one additional thing to add to the OP's information. I went back through old archived SSL output and found some old Robohelp 10-generated versions of the project (maybe that's related, maybe not) and went to the whxdata. I did find two of the search files that were missing there--whfts.xml, and a js file called whfts_xml. Copying these files from an old project does enable search--i.e., it does initialize. But it won't find any results. It appears I am still missing:
So, until I can get Robohelp to generate these, I'm still out of luck.
Finally, I found the most recent thread on this for others looking here:
It appears there really is something to all the msxml issues and I will need to pursue it or try going for Robohelp 2015 Update 2.
You'll need the MSXML 4 parser for RH to work as expected. It's a bit of an old version, but that's how this issue is normally solved.