Exit

Can't download Flash Player

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Mac - Operating System 10.4.4

Using Firefox 32.0.3

I am trying to ensure that I have the most current version of Flash Player, but haven't been able to download.  As suggested, I unloaded Flash Player, but it still doesn't download.  At about 90-95%, I keep getting the message to close Firefox, even after it has been closed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

OK, makes sense.  Also, it appears I didn't read the last sentence correctly.  If you had been trying to install the latest version on 10.4 it wouldn't have gone that far.

It seems you're closing the browser window which still leaves the application running.  Please see How do I quit Safari (or another browser/app) in OS X to quit the application.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

OS X 10.4.4 is no longer supported, and hasn't been for a long time.  If you have OS X 10.4.4 PowerPC, the last version supported is 10.1.102.64.  If you have OS X 10.4.4 Intel, the last version supported is 10.3.183.90. You can download either version from the Archived Flash Player versions page.

If you have an Intel system, you may be able to upgrade to OS X 10.6 and install the latest version (15.0.0.152).  Although, upgrading OS X versions is outside the scope of this forum, there's some information on upgrading here, how to upgrade mac os x 10.4 to the latest vers... | Apple Support Communities.  Much, much more on this topic is available in many places on the web.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I had a typo.  My operating system is 10.9.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, makes sense.  Also, it appears I didn't read the last sentence correctly.  If you had been trying to install the latest version on 10.4 it wouldn't have gone that far.

It seems you're closing the browser window which still leaves the application running.  Please see How do I quit Safari (or another browser/app) in OS X to quit the application.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines