• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does flashplayer 15 activex show in my programs, but I still can't play videos?

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2014 Dec 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can download and install the flashplayer with Driver Booster from Iobit, but when I uninstall it and then download it normally I get the message, "only a single instance of this application can run," every time I try to install it. When I click on Properties it shows, "install_flashplayer15x32_mssd_aaa_aih_IobitDel_IobitDel_IobitDel.exe." I can't install or delete it. Also, when I get a notification to install a plugin for a video the installation fails, please help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 10, 2014 Dec 10, 2014

Hello,

The installer downloaded from get.adobe.com/flashplayer is a shim that then downloads and installs Flash Player silently.  The firewall settings may be contributing to this.  As an alternative, you can try using the full, standalone, installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows  page.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2014 Dec 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

What browser and OS are you using?

Please install Flash Player directly without using Driver Booster.  The behaviour you are experiencing may be due to using Driver Booster.  I recommend uninstalling, using the uninstaller posted here, Uninstall Flash Player | Windows, then installing again, without using Driver Booster.

Please post a screenshot (How to post a screenshot in the forum) of the plugin installation failure, as this will provide more information for us to assist you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2014 Dec 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Vista and use Mozilla Firefox. I uninstalled Adobe Flash with Iobit Uninstaller which also works with programs that have their own uninstallers and I've also put Adobe Flash on my Driver Boosters ignore list. I can download with Mozilla or DAP (Download Accelerator Plus) but prefer DAP. When I try installing Flash I always get a notification from my firewall asking to allow it or not, but when I allow it nothing happens. When I try again I get the warning, "only one instance of this application can run," so what can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2014 Dec 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The installer downloaded from get.adobe.com/flashplayer is a shim that then downloads and installs Flash Player silently.  The firewall settings may be contributing to this.  As an alternative, you can try using the full, standalone, installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows  page.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2014 Dec 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked, thanks a BUNCH. I'll remember this if it malfunctions in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines