• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

operating system os x 10.6.8 safari 5.1.10. am told on checking that 16.0.305 is installed but not listed in applications. have downloaded install app but cannot carry out the installation. am informed flash player is blocked.

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

operating system os x 10.6.8 safari 5.1.10. am told on checking that 16.0.305 is installed but not in application. have downloaded install app but cannot carry out the installation. can anyone help? am unable to use any application requiring flash player.

thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi anneb22977747,

What does "have downloaded install app but cannot carry out the installation." mean? Please provide more information on what happens, and error text, if any.  A screenshot (How to post a screenshot in the forum) is always helpful. Flash Player is a plugin, therefore, it doesn't appear in the Applications directory.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what i mean is that i have downloaded the flash player installation app but

when i click on it the installation process is not effected. this means i

am unable to use any applications like iplayer, or open video clips, or use

'we transfer', or indeed do anything that requires flash player. i suspect

it may be that my safari is no longer supported.

thank you for your feedback and any further help you can give!

anne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2015 Apr 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi anneb22977747,

Please perform a clean install using the instructions here How to perform a "clean install" of Flash Player in Mac OS X.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi maria,

thanks for that. as i worked way through instructions i landed in my

library on internet plug ins and under internet plug ins (disabled) was

flash player. maybe i should move this to trash? tho that said when i click

on flash player itself i am told there is no application to open it. so

maybe i should go through whole procedure as you recommend? i am however

wondering if whole problem springs from fact that my safari browser is no

longer supported. maybe i should install google chrome or firefox which i

think come with flash player installed. sorry - this seems like several

questions in one!

anne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anne,

Your version of Safari is still supported.  Please see Adobe Flash Player | Tech specs for supported OS and browsers.

If the Flash Player plugin is in the Plug-ins (disabled) folder it's because it's an older version that Apple has disabled in Safari.  This has nothing to do with whether or not Flash Player supports the browser.

I'm not sure what you mean by "when i click on flash player itself i am told there is no application to open it."  Flash Player.plugin only works in the browser to view Flash content in the browser.  The plugin does not open files outside of the browser.  If you have SWF files you'd like to view outside of the browser, then you'll need the Flash Player projector. However, based on your previous comments this doesn't appear to be what you are trying to do.

Google Chrome does embed Flash Player in it, while Firefox does not.   Mozilla has also recently started blocking older versions of Flash Player in Firefox similar to what Apple is doing in Safari.

Following the 'clean install' instructions should result in you having the latest version of Flash Player installed that will not be blocked by the browser.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks hugely for all that maria. as you have probably concluded from my

rather garbled questions and imprecise terminology i am far from a seasoned

computer user and i do appreciate your clear explanations. i will attempt

to do the necessary later this evening and report back.

thanks again,

anne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines