• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

windows 8.1 and it adobe flash player will not install

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have windows 8.1 and flash player is not on my system anymore. I tried to re install and it will not because I don't have internet exploer but I do have exploer. Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Flash player comes in built with Internet Explorer and Chrome in windows 8.1 .

Please visit below link and check if Flash Player is installed or not ?

Flash Player Help

To install flash player in other browsers please follow below link:

Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

If you are using internet explorer or chrome and it shows that flash player is not installed , please share screenshot of your scree.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1070933

-Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its still not allowing me to install it through internet explorer. I get one message that says check your filters and the other one says it not installed. Ive already checked my filters are they are good to go. I tried to gt adobe through firefox and it was already installed. Why is this if its on my same system? How can I still install it on explorer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI benc28805518‌,

You don't need to install Flash Player on Windows 8 and onwards for IE as Flash Player installation and update for Internet Explorer is now part of Windows update and Flash Player will update itself for IE with every windows update.

So no need to run any installer to install Flash Player for your IE. Go ahead and start using it. To confirm Flash is running on your IE follow the below steps:

1. Open IE

2. Goto Flash Player Help

3. Click on Check now

4. If Flash Player is Present you will see the Flash Player version and OS Information, else you will receive an error message.

If you are still facing any issue, Please feel free to revert

--

Piyush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did and it still says its not installed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try the win8 trouble shooting page, as stated above you MUST either use the links at the bottom of the page or use windows updates.

Flash Player Issues | Windows 8

You can also try to reset IE

IF you removed the system files then you could be in trouble ?

DO not try to re-install flash from adobe site for windows 8.X and above for IE, IT WILL NOT WORK!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Similar problem here, for months. A website will say I don't have Flash Player, so I go to Flash Player's page and I am told no, Flash Player is already installed and checks out just fine, by golly.  A variant of this is a message that I need a version higher than Flash Player 11, and of course checking my alleged version shows a much later one than 11 -- which still won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines