• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash "Local Storage" settings resetting after some time.

Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I run quite a few programs that make use of the Flash Local Storage, So I set this to unlimited. Yet after some time, (be it 30 minutes or 12 hours) I see that it starts to decrease, I see this as my programs start getting errors saying there's not enough local storage and that I need to increase it. This issue has been going on for a few months now, started randomly (perhaps after an update?).

I've tested this on several machines/systems running several different OS's (Windows XP/7/8) All the same issue it'd seem.

I was wondering if anyone else has seen this issue and might be able to help stop it? if not maybe there's a way to set the value using a script? I'd be happy to run a vbs or something in the background to ramp it up every now and then...

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2015 Jul 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Local storage is local space in hard disk that a flash content running website requires for storing information. This is different for all the websites you are trying to access.

So, are you facing this problem with same websites again and again.?

If you are please share some more info:

Read Before Posting: How To Get A Useful Answer To Your Question

also provide a screenshot of the problem;

How to post a screenshot in the forum

-Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks for your reply, I've fetched what information I could about this:

Selection_071.png

This shows that my Windows version on the current machine is Windows 7 Professional SP1.

Selection_067.png

This shows my Flash version information from within the Internet Explorer 64-Bit browser.

Selection_065.png

This is the same information shown in the previous image but this time in the most recent Stable Google Chrome browser.

Selection_070.png

This image shows me setting the storage to "Unlimited" as I wish it to be at.

Selection_066.png

This image shows that the limit after launching a few more Flash sites/programs has been ignored or reset.

Selection_068.png

And finally an image showing that the memory has been forced down to 100KB.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Would please share info about the websites you are trying to open.

-Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 04, 2015 Jul 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not so much websites, but rather applications. I run multiple flash based clients. I've been running them for years without an issue, up until a few months back when thi started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines