• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CUDA Mercury Playback Engine no longer working on Premiere CC 2014 or 2015 w/ Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2015 Aug 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far no luck getting Premiere CC 2014 or 2015 to recognize my CUDA GPUs that were working before Win 10 install (was running Win 7). However got CUDA to work on the original 2014 release on Win 10, but of course my current save files wont work with that version and the FCP XML export isn't a great option right now. Anyone with similar issues? Also noticed that Adobe might have dropped support for the Tesla C2075 and Quadro 600 for 2015 release?

Current Setup:

Model: HP Z420 Workstation

Baseboard ID: 1589

BIOS version: 3.50  (Current Setting Group: Premiere Pro CC)

Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2687W @ 3.10GHz

Enabled Processor Count: 16

Total Memory: 32 GB

Local Storage: 18.66 TB  (14 drives)

Graphics Card & Driver 1: Tesla C2075 -- 353.62

Graphics Card & Driver 2: Quadro 600 -- 353.62

Slots in use:

SLOT 2 (PCI Express Gen 3): Quadro 600

SLOT 5 (PCI Express Gen 3): Tesla C2075

Operating System: Windows 10 (64-bit)

Current Culture: en-US

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Premiere Pro‌

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also just confirmed that Mercury Playback works on Premiere Pro CS6 with Win 10, just an issue with CC 2014.2 and 2015

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if it works on Premiere Pro CC 2013?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem with the GeForce GTX675M (driver v353.62).

It worked fine before the Windows 10 upgrade, now I cannot enable mercury.

Although it seems to be working in Media Encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the notice that I get stating "This project was last used with mercury playback engine GPU acceleration, which is not available on this system. mercury playback engine software only will be used.  This happens after updating to windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning I had a similar issue, but was able to solve. (May be too late for you, but in case it isn't).

Back story:

I originally created a project in premiere, and even exported when I thought I was finished. I was able to use OpenGL. That night, my windows 10 updated. Next day when I opened the same project it I got the error you mentioned: "This project was last used with mercury playback engine GPU acceleration, which is not available on this system. mercury playback engine software only will be used".

Solution:

I ran GPUsniffer.exe located in "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015". After that, I opened that same project and no longer had the error and was able to use the OpenGL renderer.

All I had to do was run the sniffer. Maybe this will help someone...

My modest setup (for reference):

i5 6400, 8gb RAM, Intle HD Graphics 530 (awating nVidia 750 ti)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2016 Feb 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2016 Mar 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou arielreyes001

I closed Premiere Pro, then ran GPUsniffer.exe in the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 folder which simply opened a little window with nothing inside for a minute or so, then closed.

I then ran PPro CC and the mercury playback using cuda was now available.

I don't know where you got that info but it is good info! Thanks.

CUDA Mercury Playback Engine no longer working on Premiere CC 2014 or 2015 w/ Windows 10‌

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 15, 2016 Mar 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks much. This worked (at least so far) for Premiere CC 2015 and AE CC 2015.

HP Z640

Intel Xeon CPU E5-2620 v3 @ 2.40 GHz

48GM RAM

64-bit OS Windows 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2015 Aug 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried Technical Support. No real answer as of yet:

Fitz: Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe, version: 9.0.1.36, time stamp: 0x55acd8dd Faulting module name: nvoglv64.DLL, version: 9.18.13.4762, time stamp: 0x55b03182 Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fitz: The program Adobe Premiere Pro.exe version 8.0.0.169 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Fitz: Faulting application name: SpeedGrade.exe, version: 9.0.1.0, time stamp: 0x55ab0242 Faulting module name: nvopencl.dll, version: 8.17.13.5362, time stamp: 0x55b03336 Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fitz: those are the only three that pertain to anything adobe

Anamika: nvoglv64.DLL-->this is related to your graphics card drivers

Anamika: nvopencl.dll->this is also related to your graphics card

Anamika: please uninstall and re-install graphics card drivers

Anamika: if still happens

Anamika: contact nvidia to get it sorted

Fitz: I've reinstalled a few times since those errors yesterday, but Premiere CC 2014.2 and 2015 are still having issues not seeing the cards, CS6 and CC 2014.0 are working and using the mercury playback

Fitz: Has adobe dropped the support for Tesla C2075 and Quadro 600 for 2015 release?

Anamika: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Anamika: check here

Fitz: They aren't listed for 2015, but nothing was noted that if the cards wouldn't work anymore or would have limited use.

Anamika: if not listed

Anamika: then it means not supported

Fitz: But for CC 2014 they are listed still, however it isn't running with the current setup on Windows 10.

Anamika: then downgrade the driver version and check with 2014

Fitz: Just wondering if anyone has had this issue yet or anyone at Adobe has taken note of this problem. I did the downgrade to the original before Win 10 and it still didn't work for the 2014.2 version.

Anamika: nope not till now

Fitz: Ok

Fitz: Just to make note again, CS6 and the original CC 2014 of Premiere work with my current setup, its just the newest version of CC 2014.2 and 2015 that are having issues. I also have rendering out issues that have artifacts in the video that are also seen in the playback on CC 2014.2 and 2015. Don't know if there is a way to show this to you for documentation. 

Sean Fitzgerald: Since I can't send you anything higher than 10MB

Anamika: try changing the sequence settings

The sequence settings are the same through out the all versions of premiere, so it has to be a fault with the driver combo with Win 10 and the newer versions of Premiere (also 2015 version of SpeedGrade is crashing on startup just like when they released the 2nd version a few years back). Still odd that on Win 7 w/ CC 2014.2 worked, but now its still only CS6 and CC 2014.0 that are seeing the CUDA cards on Win 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Quadro 5000 + Tesla C2075 and Windows 10. Mercury Playback Grayed Out.

I believe it's GPUSniffer that is causing the fault, being that it can't supposedly initialize the graphics cards.

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015>gpusniffer

Caught structured exception!Full test failed, trying no OpenCL

--- OpenGL Info ---

Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation

Renderer: Quadro 5000/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Version: 2.1.2 NVIDIA 353.62 10.18.13.5362

GLSL Version: 1.20 NVIDIA via Cg compiler

Monitors: 2

Monitor 0 properties -

Size: (0, 0, 2560, 1440)

Max texture size: 16384

Supports non-power of two: 1

Shaders 444: 1

Shaders 422: 1

Shaders 420: 1

Monitor 1 properties -

Size: (2560, 0, 2560, 1440)

Max texture size: 16384

Supports non-power of two: 1

Shaders 444: 1

Shaders 422: 1

Shaders 420: 1

--- GPU Computation Info ---

OpenCL test failed

Found 2 devices supporting GPU computation.

CUDA Device 0 -

Name: Tesla C2075

Vendor: NVIDIA

Capability: 2

Driver: 7.5

Total Video Memory: 5375MB

* Not chosen because of initialization failure.

CUDA Device 1 -

Name: Quadro 5000

Vendor: NVIDIA

Capability: 2

Driver: 7.5

Total Video Memory: 2240MB

* Not chosen because of initialization failure.

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to install SR1 for Windows 10. This solved my playback issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping the SR1 would help, but still having the same issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Premiere CC 2015.0.1 on Windows 10 and it is recognizing the CUDA Mercury Playback no problem. I am also using 353.62. It actually runs better than it does on my 8.1 system. (I have a swappable c: drive to test new stuff like this.)

If you're comfortable trying a reinstall on your Windows 10 graphic drivers, here are some instructions I posted this on another site:

You can turn off driver only updates in Control Panel>System>Advanced system settings>Hardware Tab> Device installation Settings, then select "No, let me choose..." and select "Never install..." and leave the box at the bottom checked.

Then go to Nvidia or AMD, or whomever makes your card, and get the current drivers. However If you have a built in graphics card, or don't know where to get your drivers, I'd ignore the above advice. A clean install may help your system recognize the card for CUDA.

BTW, this only affects hardware drivers, not security and other updates (which is probably a good thing for video editors and musicians.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did a hard reinstall on most of my drivers a day ago and no luck with 2015 CC seeing the Tesla C2075 and Quadro 600. Don't know about 2013, but it seems like anything older than and including CC 2014.0 works perfectly fine with my current setup listed above, just the new versions of Premiere are still having issues with mercury playback and rendering out anything that would look like normal footage no matter what the sequence settings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think I have the same issue - rendering and playback are 7x (seven times) faster without cuda acceleration (GTX 980Ti graphic card)

Why Mercury Playback Engine Software is faster than CUDA ACCELERATION?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 15, 2015 Aug 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last night Microsoft released a third service release. Not that it helped solve any issues 

I have been looking at my graphic card usage in the Sysinternal Process Explorer. I have a Lenovo Z510 with builtin Intel HD4600 and GeForce GT740M, running Windows 10 and Geforce 355.60 (currently latest drivers) and running PPro 9.0.1 and Speedgrade 9.0.1.

I start both programs with right-click and select the Nvidia card for acceleration.

In my project I used a few level-corrections, some primary-correction and added a LUT in "creative".

When I play back in Premiere, the playback stutters. GPU dedicated memory is about 220MB and GPU Usage around 1.3%

Now, when I playback in in Speedgrade, the playback is slow, but I see all the frames. But now GPU dedicated memory is about 450MB and GPU Usage around 4.2%

I checked if Mercury CUDA playback is selected in Premiere for my project, and it is. So to me it looks like Premiere doesn't, or hardly uses CUDA playback, which causes the stuttering playback of graded clips. If I disable the Lumetri effect on a clip, it plays back fine. If I leave Lumetri on, but disable all the subsections, the playback keeps stuttering. Pretty odd stuff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just built a new system. Here are my specs:

I7 5820k (OC to 4.2)

Asus X99 Extreme 4

16gb DDR4 Ram

Geforce 980

2 WD 650 Black Drive (Raid 0) (Project Files)

2 WD 2 TB Drive

1 External 1TB ESATA (Video Previews)

I'm having trouble with 4K playback with GH4 files and Phantom 3 Pro 4K with Premiere Pro CC 2015. I can playback at mostly full resolution and sometime it will start to drop frames with Mercury Playback installed. DJI Phantom 3 Pro 4K files drops frames at full, 1/2 res, and 1/4 resolution around 5 seconds into the clip, it drops frames. Any settings I can change? I'm running Premiere CC 2015.

I installed the CUDA 7.5 dev. kit. And updated to GPU-z 0.8.5. CUDA is now enabled. I deleted all preview files and started fresh. Same thing. Software playback plays GH4 & DJI Phantom 3 files fine, no dropped frames. When I enable mercury playback engine, it stutters and drops frames. Any help with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue as well. It started with the recent updated to Adobe CC 2017. It worked fine with Adobe CC 2016. My graphics drivers are the current and latest drivers. I get the error whenever I start After Effects. I can click OK, and go to settings and re-enable it, and everything is fine until I restart the app again.

I'm still running Windows 7 and I have two NVIDIA cards on my system.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check nVidia control panel under workstation section.  Select Manage GPU Utilization, the option to use for Graphics and compute needs may have gotten switched off.  (turned it back on, problem went away) If your nVidia control panel does not have this option then your card is likely not capable of CUDA processing in Premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines