• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Desktop Installer failing

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2015 Dec 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could not open CC Desktop, so I uninstalled per Adobe instructions. Installation now seems to be failing? I downloaded the Creative Cloud installer. Open, type my password, then nothing. Help?? Macbook Pro, running OSX version 10.9.5

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

OK, then I recommend you contact support for further assistance: FAQ: How can I contact Adobe for support?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amanda,

Kindly help us understand more .

What message do you get when the installation fails ?

Meanwhile you may try using the Adobe Cleaner :-

Kindly Remove Creative Cloud app and Adobe Application manager using -

Install Creative Cloud app- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/install-apps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kanikas,

I don't actually get an error message - nothing happens. I click open, enter my password, and then nothing.

These problems started after I had to restore my hard drive from a backup a few days ago. Since then, I have been getting an error message about the generator in Photoshop, which recommended that I uninstall and reinstall that application. When I tried to do that, I found that the CC Desktop app wouldn't open. I found Adobe's advice about how to troubleshoot that issue, and went through the steps until I uninstalled it. Now I am trying to reinstall, but having no success.

I will run the cleaner soon.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restoring Adobe applications from backup or time machine is not recommended.

All programs should be installed from installation file to work properly.

Please remove the Creative Cloud Desktop app, run the cleaner, and then reinstall it:

Uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop app

How to run the CC cleaner tool

FAQ: How do I download and install the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App?

FAQ: How do I download and install Creative Cloud Apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2015 Dec 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pattie,

I just uninstalled all my CC apps and ran the cleaner, but I am still experiencing the same problem. When I click on the Desktop App Installer, it asks me to enter my password, and then nothing happens. I am still not seeing the desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, then I recommend you contact support for further assistance: FAQ: How can I contact Adobe for support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am moving this discussion to the Creative Cloud Download & Install forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2015 Dec 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 12, 2015 Dec 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AmandaBR,

Your last four replies appear to be blank. If you are trying to provide an update on your issue with the CC Desktop installer, please try again. Otherwise, you may want to check if the e-mail address associated with your Adobe ID is set to auto-respond.

Best,

Del

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue. Did you ever receive a fix for this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines