Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player crashing

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I note that I have Flash Player 20 Active x and 20 NPAPI installed.

Are these both required and I am getting a message Flash player plug-up has stopped working. What can I do to rectify the problem.

Regards - Bevyn Cornford

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Flash Player ActiveX is for Internet Explorer.  Flash Player NPAPI is for Firefox and other browsers that support NPAPI plugins.  If you use both browsers it's recommended to have the latest version of Flash Player for both.

For crashing issues: please see the tech note Report a Flash Player crash or error and file a bug record, providing all requested information.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2016 May 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a fine example of Adobe's Forum for Tech No Support. This is an ongoing issue with Adobe Tech No Support will not be address unless you pay the extortion fee of buying the program. Why Pay for a Program that Crashes at will and offers no TECH SUPPORT! Unless we all start raising a little Cain. Nothing will get done!

I have a similar issue with the Current Version of Adobe. Its nice to know they can point there finger at the company you use for a Video Card from. And they can point there finger at Microsoft. Then Microsoft points there finger back at Adobe. Grow some Cahoonahs. Its your Program, Own up to the responsibilities of giving

some Support for your program.

Please do not expect us to be kind after the non Tech No Support your company offers to people like us who post questions to help  you fix issues with your programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2016 May 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi michaelw54536214 ,

Flash Player is a free product and Adobe does not provide tech support on free products.  A number of companies also do not provide tech support on free products, so Adobe isn't an anomaly in doing this.  If you paid for a version of Flash Player it's not associated with Adobe.

Adobe has many products.  "I have a similar issue with the Current Version of Adobe" is vague and doesn't describe the product you are referring to.  If you're issue is with Flash Player click here to start a new discussion and provide the following information:

• Operating system version
  • Web browser and version
  • Flash Player version
  • Explain your problem in step-by-step detail if possible
  • A direct link to a web page that demonstrates the problem
  • If you get error messages, please provide a screenshot

If you're issue is with a different product, please go to http://forums.adobe.com and select the product you are having issues with.  Someone familiar with that product will assist you.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 08, 2016 May 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, Flash player crashes when i play a video on Video sharing sites like youtube or a Bollywood movies site like http://www.tv-tune.com/ although the video plays smoothly when i open it in other browser except Maxthon and internet explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi cathyt8195781

You've already posted your issue at Flash Player crashes when i play a video on movies sites  and someone has replied to you, but you've not replied to them yet.  Please don't participate in more than one discussion for the same issue as it results in multiple people helping you across multiple discussions.  Please post the requested information at Flash Player crashes when i play a video on movies sites .

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines