Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2017.0.1 Crashing / Freezing Constantly

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Looking for some support / suggestions on how to solve a problem with my current edit. I'm getting constant crashing and freezing in my project when doing simple tasks like dropping audio on the timeline / trimming a clip / adjusting volume in a clip. It's not any one action, it's happening when I'm in effects controls, in the timeline, or double clicking a clip from my project panel.

I have plenty of room on my hard drive, so I don't believe it's a RAM issue (150GB free) - editing on a 5K 2014 iMac running OS X El Capitan 10.11.3 with 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 4GB Graphics card, and editing from a 2TB external Lacie HD with a separate scratch disk with over 1TB of space.

I haven't been having any performance issues until today, and now it's crashing every 5 minutes. I've restarted the computer multiple times, external HD tried with thunderbolt & usb 3.0 connection, crashing is still occurring "the serious error has occurred and PP must shut down."

Would appreciate some help. I'm on deadline and can't revert back to an older version of PP to finish the project because it won't even open. How do I get Premiere Pro CC 2017 to stop crashing when doing simple timeline tasks?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having some stability issues too. I've had some success in past by rendering audio preview for any sequence before I work on it. Makes PPro more responsive. PPro seems to crash if it is "busy" and I pile on more clicks... doesn't seem to want to cache them gracefully. So having pre-rendered audio generally helps with that responsiveness.

Random ideas...

If you're using video filters try disabling them while you work there's a global filter disabler somewhere in PPro2017.

Break trouble sequences up... so (unless anyone has a SPLIT operation I'm unaware of) duplicate a Sequence then erase the end off one and the beginning off the other. Shorter simpler sequences crash less.

Curious if PPro is freezing and becoming unresponsive or just dying with an actual error message. Mine (on Windows) tends to freeze more than it errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem. Just Basic editing causes CC 2017 to crash over and over again. I'm not seeing any fixes listed yet so may have to roll back to the last version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Project is still freezing. I think that problem is with Dynamic link to AE. It looks that 2017 is not usable in real production.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro CC 2017 keeps crashing when dealing specifically with audio effects. Simply removing or adding or altering will cause it to freeze up until I have to force end it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar problem, also with the current update to CC 2017.2.

Premiere Pro freezes, when I want to edit / trim audio clips in the timeline. And only there. If I delete the clip from the timeline, edit it in the source window and place it back to the timeline everything's okay.

But once I start to trim it in the timeline, there's no reaction anymore.

It happens only within a single project of mine, which has 4 mono audio tracks!!!

No problem with stereo tracks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

April 20,2017

Just got the last update2017.0.2(47)

still crashing. Praticly unusable. And i got a monster machine with window 7,32gigs of ram. IO fusion card (2,000.$),for premiere project and all SSD drive (4).

Did reinstall window, premiere,media encoder With the same problems again. Premiere 2017 is the wrost version that i ever work with In 20 years. ADOBE use to make better release in the pass with minor bug fixes here and there like any other Company would do.CONSTANT FREEZEs which make the program unusable, needs full time people working 24/7 on it. ADOBE please step up!. Talking to indian people in New Delhi does not do the job. They gave me their best shot, and they know the problem of freezing is Premiere 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pple,

I do share your though about the stability of the 2017 version.

I am editing on a 4k $ Working station. I have a freeze every 5 minute for 10/15 sec then i come back to normal. First the sound drop to zero then the image freeze...

I did try to update to windows 10 august (1607) but then Premiere was not working at all...

Now windows want to force me too upgrade... and i still read that the new version of Premiere is still buggy....

Really desperate to find a solution, this is my mean software with AE... I am thinking to buy a Z640 working station, it seems to be the only way to make it work properly but it is 6k $ working station...

Can some guys from the Dev team at adobe save us ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing with me.....

Envoyé de mon iPad

Le 3 mai 2017 à 13:02, Clemzy <forums_noreply@adobe.com<mailto:forums_noreply@adobe.com>> a écrit :

Premiere Pro CC 2017.0.1 Crashing / Freezing Constantly

created by Clemzy<https://forums.adobe.com/people/Clemzy> in Premiere Pro - View the full discussion<https://forums.adobe.com/message/9493459#9493459>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks.. getting the same problem.. my timeline is only 12 minutes long but the more complicated it had go the more it crashes.. running a 5K imac with 32gb ram etc... it's got to the stage that i can't actually achieve anything before it crashes...

Does any one manage to find a way to contact adobe support... their wizard redirects me to forums for all options.. can't get phone support.. which seems pretty lame for an expensive subscription plan...!

No-one seems to have had any response to this question?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Subscribing to thread as the playhead freezing and video monitor dropping out has been an issue since my update to 2017 PP. Not a desktop issue, my machine can run C4D with no issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just made an update to windows 10 creative realase

I was on windows 1507 now i am on 1703 (15063.332) and I also updated all the CC apps.

And NOW it seems to work as normal, I've made the crash test from older version (load 200 4k clips) and it passed it OK.

I am currently on a After Effects projects but as soon as I am back on Premiere I let you know if I stil got the playhead problems

(at least now it works with previous windows build 1611 it didn't work at all...)

Hope it will be better for all you guys and the community!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've worked on a Premiere Project and I can tell you that it worked as normal now!!

So happy !! so to all windows user update to Windows 10 creative update and update Premiere and all drivers and it should works fine now!!

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is have the same crash problem.

Especially when using Essential graphics

The premire just freez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

didn't work here that's for sure

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having similar issues. When trying to edit 4K clips, Premiere Pro will randomly freeze, nothing will work, control alt delete does nothing, my cursor won't move, and the only option is to hard restart. I built my computer myself and the hardware is pretty overkill for the basic editing I'm doing.

The application seems to freeze whenever I am sifting through clips. I have updated all of my drives. Only solutions I have heard are to make sure all background applications are turned off. Increase the default ram premiere gets to use. Also to clear the cache in Premiere Pro. And lastly, to turn off auto over lock in the bios settings of my motherboard. if any other ideas please share!

Computer Specs:

Intel i7-7700k CPU

EVGA GeForce 1060

ASUS z270 Motherboard

Corsair H100 Liquid Cooling

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here, if you fix it please let me know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here... I cant even work anymore. Constant freezing, im lucky to get a few seconds into editing. I have 64 gigs of ram 8 core x series CPU and a 1080ti. x99, system runs super chill. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever solve this issue, Wedflik? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem. Double click on Project folder and crash. Click Replace footage and crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

every time I go into effects panel it freezes and I go from working on post to not working for hours....hours upon hours of time lost

I guess i'll just not use effects. whoops a daisy I'm in a sci fi movie post workflow.

Intel Core x299 i7

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

32 GB RAM

500 GB SSD

all 1080p video files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: Something has changed! Now in addition to the aforementioned freezing up, I now, as of today, also cannot go between EDIT panel and AUDIO panel without a total freeze-up. Good times!!!!

Here's a haiku

Tried it PP's way

Rub broken glass in my eyes

Back to Final Cut

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DKQueensNY,

Sorry to hear that. Can you contact our agents? We can assist you: FAQ: How do I contact Adobe Support?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines