Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC - Display Theme

Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC - specific details below:

"2015 Release (Classic) | Version 2015.006.30306".

A colleague has the Reader DC (as he doesn't need some of the tools available in Acrobat Pro). However, he is able to change the display theme to dark.

I don't seem to have this option.

What do I need to do to have this option as it would make things a lot easier on the eyes when reading PDFs? Is there another version of Adobe I need or is there some way of doing it in my current version

Cheers,
Matt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a new feature, found in the continuous (not classic) versions of Reader and Acrobat. New features are not added to Acrobat Pro (classic), which is frozen until there is a paid upgrade. So to have the latest features you need the continuous version, which is what subscribers get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do subscribe, and I'm not finding the option to use the dark theme.  I just downloaded it three days ago.....would assumed I have the most current edition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Help - Check for Updates to make sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried that.  Even did repair installation as a Hail Mary, because it only takes a minute.  Then thru more search thru the forum I learned it's about version #.   How I got an older one as a subscriber I have no idea.  Why that older one didn't recognize there was a more recent one when I checked for updates I don't know.  I do pay a subscription so I'm supposed to always have a later one.  But...at the end of the day, I'm not burning out my irises looking at the all white page because I found the solution rather painlessly.

Peace out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Matt,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. As per the description above, you are not getting the option of the Dark theme in Acrobat Classic version 2015.006.30306, is that correct?

Please install the latest update of Acrobat from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after installing the updates and see if this brings any difference.

You can also download the update/latest patch manually from  15.006.30417 Optional update, February 23, 2018 — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

I have checked the records and found that you are subscribed to Acrobat Pro DC Continous subscription with your current Adobe ID which you have used to log-in on Adobe forums.

With your subscription, you can install Acrobat Pro DC Continous subscription, to check the plan details, refer to Manage your Creative Cloud membership

Download the Continous version of Acrobat from Download Acrobat DC Continuous

What is the dot version of Acrobat installed, to identify refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Could you please share a screenshot of the Version Window https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines