Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC export image ALWAYS exports a JPEG regardless of settings

Participant ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The setup:

1. Open a PDF form document that I need an image of.
  2. Select File > Export to > Image > PNG
  3. Ensure the settings are as desired
  4. Complete the export.

Result:

• Acrobat DC pops up a message that it is exporting a JPEG (NOT a PNG as selected)
  • The resultant file is labeled as a .png
  • Attempts to open the file in Photoshop result in an error message that the file is damaged (this is because it is a JPEG file with a PNG extension)
  • Renaming the file as a .jpg and attempting to open the file results in an opened jpeg image file.

Tested JPEG 2000 (file extension .jpf) = SAME ISSUE (i.e. a JPEG instead of a JPEG 2000, labeled with a .jpf file extension)

Tested TIFF file (file extension .tif) = SAME ISSUE (i.e. a JPEG instead of a TIFF, labeled with a .tif file extension)

I had this issue a few years ago. Contacted customer support after attempting multiple methods to correct it. In the end, they had to remote access my computer, manually scrub ALL references to Acrobat from my system (lots of hidden files that a simple uninstall didn't remove) and initiate a clean installation.

Now, this issue it is back again. Naturally, It happens only when I need it to work as designed. Adobe may as well remove the other options if the only thing that Acrobat is going to support in the image export is a JPEG.

Has anyone else encountered this annoyance?

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As per the description of the issue mentioned above, when trying to Export PDF form as image, it exports as jpeg instead of png, is that correct?

Check if there is an update available for Acrobat- launch Acrobat>click Help>Check for Updates

You may also visit these link to download updates manually:

Adobe - Acrobat : For Macintosh

Adobe - Acrobat : For Windows

If that doesn't work, try resetting preferences for Acrobat.

How to reset Preference settings in Acrobat.

What is the version of Acrobat installed on the machine?

Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Which Operating System is installed on the machine?

Keep us posted with the results.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adorobat, thank you for the response.

As the initial post stated, the file format on the image export is incorrect when exporting to anything other than a JPEG. The file exported will be labeled whatever file type was selected on export, but the actual format exported is JPEG. This happens regardless of the file type selected. PNG, TIFF, JPEG 2000. Only the JPEG export works as intended, because it is exporting a JPEG regardless of what is selected.

So, If I select JPEG, I get a JPEG labeled as a JPEG (ex: image.jpg). However, if I select a PNG, I get a JPEG file that is labeled as a PNG (ex: image.png). During the export, the popup window that briefly appears indicates it is exporting a JPEG (not the PNG selected). This supposed PNG file fails to open in Photoshop (because it is a JPEG). If I change the file extension to .jpg so that the extension matches the actual file format, the file opens. 

I am using Creative Cloud for Teams. The account is up to date. The version is up to date according to the Creative Cloud app.

The Acrobat Pro DC version number is "2017 Release (Continuous) | Version 2017.009.20044"

Windows 10 Pro

Resetting the preferences using the instructions provided at the link did nothing to resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for providing the information.

Could you please try repairing Acrobat and see if that resolves the issue?

Click "Repair Installation" under Help menu.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this also failed to resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tested the issue with a laptop computer and have encountered the same issue. So, it is apparently not isolated to just the desktop machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You may try running Cleaner tool which can be found here (for Windows) : Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs. 

Reboot the machine.

Reinstall Acrobat DC and see if that resolves the issue.

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback Adorobat/Shivam. Please see my prior posts.

1) the last time this happened, I tried using one of the cleaner tools, and that wasn't enough to restore functionality.

2) this is not isolated to one computer. It is happening on two different machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Try exporting pdf using following link in a web browser with the same email address you are logged in with on the desktop and see if that works:

https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf

Let us know how it goes.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The web service produced a PNG file from a sample PDF generated from a Word Document, though the process is somewhat convoluted.

I attempted to use Acrobat Pro DC on the same PDF file with the same issue as noted in my original post: (Acrobat exported a JPEG file mis-labeled as a PNG instead of the desired PNG file.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Thanks for trying the steps.  Would it be possible if you can share the link for the pdf file with us?

(1) Please visit this link: https://cloud.acrobat.com/send

(2) Click + Add files > choose files from my computer

(3) Select the file > create link. You can copy paste the link here in the forums.

Thanks,
Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uploaded a ZIP archive to the cloud service here.

The ZIP contains 4 files.

1. Lorem Ipsum.docx  <-- source Word file
  2. Lorem Ipsum.pdf  <-- generated PDF from Word
  3. Lorem Ipsum.png  <-- mislabeled PNG generated from Acrobat CC Pro
  4. Lorem Ipsum 1024_1.png  <-- PNG generated via the web service

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was not able to save to pgn or jpeg tech support changed limitation to no limit in settings when exporting that solved my issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Michael,

Thanks for sharing the files. I have sent you a private message, please check the inbox for the same.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines