Export them in CS5 to IDML and open the IDML in CC and work with them. Take care, due ot your problems you might detect unwanted changes when you open the files in CC.
want to sent me the file so i can take a look at it?
I realized that the problem is not related to one file or another, or to indesign file version. It occurs after reapeted "save" or "export".
What do you think about reinsalling Indesign?
It certainly couldn't hurt to try uninstalling and the reinstalling. Another possibility may be a corrupt font (if that's used across the files you're PDFing).
most of the time making a legacy file cleans all of the bad voodoo a file gains over time of repeated "command saves". Have you made a legacy file.
You will notice a different between the the two formats by the file size. A legacy file is stripped to the barebones indesign needs to open it and it a good way to clean up the file.
Have you tried to make a legacy file?
There are multiple factors both internal and external to InDesign application that can lead to document corruption. However, we can take a look and see if the file can be repaired. Please email your InDesign file to email@example.com and we will take a look at the document.
If the file is larger than 10 Mb, you can zip (and password protect) the file and upload to Creative Cloud account (or Dropbox) and send us the document link.
2 people found this helpful
So I had a similar problem just now. I solved it by exporting the file to an idml format file. Then opened that file and looked through the whole thing to make sure it was right. There were two oddities I found:
- table headings were missing, but reappeared after I added a row. I then deleted the added row and the headings remained. This keeps occurring if I export to idml again. (looks like a bug actually)
- A specific paragraph was merging itself into the next heading, I separated it and applied the correct paragraph style. This does not happen again if i export to idml again.
After that I re-saved as indd and it is working fine now