• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transitioning Electronic Forms from LiveCycle to Acrobat DC

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to make changes to a monthly report I created several years ago by trial and error (trained myself) using LiveCycle from a single user license of CreativeSuite. I now have an enterprise license for CC and LiveCycle was not included (apparently is now a standalone). I still have LiveCycle on my antiquated desktop computer and wanted to transfer the software to my new computer so I could continue to support not only my monthly reports, but also the reports I created for other areas of my department. However, IT found that the unlock code is missing from the software disc. So, unless someone here knows a way to retrieve my key, no help there.

Here's the deal. Facilities send multiple reports monthly via email by hitting a "send by email" button at the bottom of the form. All fields are required for submission to work. I collect the reports (about 50 a month), upload to csv, then into an excel spreadsheet as a data dump and collective reporting platform (charts and graphs). I've had to make several patch revisions to the forms over the years and need to do another now. I try to launch new "master" reports no more frequently than once a year - at the beginning of the reporting cycle, so I don't have to make global changes to my Excel file.

Here are the questions. Do I need to recreate these reports in DC? If so, does DC support all the electronic functions that LiveCycle did? Is there a way to successfully transition the form to DC without having to rebuild it or lose any reporting functionality? Will it format the information the same way in my data dump, or will I need to start over midyear? (Yikes!) Also, whatever I do with my reports, I will also have to do for the others I created. Therefore, you must understand my reticence to start over.

I saw this thread: Cannot Edit a Form in Adobe Acrobat Pro Xi - use Livecycle​. Between what will and will not work and how much it would be to purchase updated software, I was more confused than ever when I reached the bottom. Any help you my have is appreciated. Thank you.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

You must rebuild the forms: all the concepts and programming are different. Many things can't be done. Start by learning the capabilities of Acroforms in detail before starting the redesign.

Or buy Designer separately.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You must rebuild the forms: all the concepts and programming are different. Many things can't be done. Start by learning the capabilities of Acroforms in detail before starting the redesign.

Or buy Designer separately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines