• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Ver: 11.0.23

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Purchased in 2014 for a charity and have recently re-installed on a new computer Lenovo 470S windows 10 Pro.  Now Acrobat will no longer allow me to scan documents from scanner without crashing.  Worked perfectly before and is a major requirement.

Can anyone please help or advise.

regards

Nigel St George

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Workable solution.

I have windows 10 installed with Adobe Acrobat XI PRO Version 11.0.23 installed. I believe others had the same issue with DC as well. This seems to be a common problem with many reporting similar scanning problems.

Using multiple models of scanners/printers, brother, hp, cannon, Samsung, Konica, etc...All of them would produce the same errors when scanning.  It was unpredictable as well.  Sometimes would work and sometimes would get the Adobe Acrobat Program has stopped working

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10

-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window

-or Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 to assign FULL Windows permissions may help... says Encore, but sometimes required for ALL Adobe programs (this is NOT the same as using an Administrator account)

If that doesn't work, have you looked at the built in Windows 10 scanner function?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the fast response.  I am using the desktop version not the online version therefore choosing compatibility mode not applicable.

It seems that as soon as I go  - File -Create - PDF from scanner - Auto detect Colour Mode - Then when the scanner starts the first page normally scans but when 2nd page is scanned I get the error message Adobe Acrobat has stopped working.  Close Program.  I have tried multiple times and always the same issue.

Product is registered and I have the Serial number etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Workable solution.

I have windows 10 installed with Adobe Acrobat XI PRO Version 11.0.23 installed. I believe others had the same issue with DC as well. This seems to be a common problem with many reporting similar scanning problems.

Using multiple models of scanners/printers, brother, hp, cannon, Samsung, Konica, etc...All of them would produce the same errors when scanning.  It was unpredictable as well.  Sometimes would work and sometimes would get the Adobe Acrobat Program has stopped working message.  Typically after one page scanned.

Here is a solution that I found on a forum that has worked for me.   I created a PDF document with one page in it and called it "scan.pdf". (probably doesn't matter what you call the file or how many pages are in it)...  Open this file or similar file first, then select scan to append to existing document.  Works every time for me.  You can then with extract the pages that you want to a file name or copy and paste them to file explorer or similar...

Below is how to ‘scan to append’ a document.

Open the PDF in Acrobat

Go to File > Create > PDF From Scanner > Custom Scan

Select the your input options like Scanner, Sides, Color Mode, etc

From the Output pane, Append to existing file or portfolio must be select for the PDF which is open

Now scan the document to PDF, it will be appended to currently opened PDF.

Hope this helps others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines