Its not the text image that is the problem. I built the 4 images in photo shop.
What the problem is is the site text above the images. The "Commercial image"is flowing underneath the site text above.
This is only happening on and iPhone in a vertical position, if I turn the phone sideways everything lines up perfectly.
Please give us a.muse file (–> Dropbox, CC Files, …) with only one page, without menu, only the text at the bottom and only one of these images below. This helps checking the file and save download time. Please follow these instructions: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652
I assume, that the text container overlaps the first image, so it won’t be pushed down.
You are correct, the text is baked into the image. My problem is the top image "commercial" is flowing under the site text only on my iPhone in a vertical position. The text is reformatting as it's suppose to but not pushing the images down the page.
Never had this problem before.
And? The file I asked for? But take time, it is bed time in Germany!
1 person found this helpful
Here is a link to the muse file home page only
I am also including a link to the images on the home page.
Also here is a screen shot from my iPhone, the only place the problem is occurring. If I turn the phone horizontal everything works fine.
Thanks for your help in understanding this problem
1 person found this helpful
The issue is quite understandable, if you try look at your page with Muse’s eyes :
Muse has to decide, which elements are „responsible“, to push down which other elements. If there is more than one possibility, Muse has to make a decision – and this decision may be wrong, as in your case.
You want the four page wide images to be pushed down by the text frame, which is placed vertically „above“ these images, and this seems to be very obvious. Since a computer application unfortunately is not a human being, this is not obvious for Muse and it has to decide, what to do, and which element should cause the images below to shift down. Which element is the „key element“:
- The text frame?
- The menu button („Home“)?
- The logo top left of the page?
- The number under the logo?
- The accordion menu in smaller breakpoints?
This decision is even more difficult, as there is a pinned, proportionally scaling image in the background, which „includes“ all other elements.
The solution is quite simple: Tell Muse, that the text frame is the „key element“, which should move down the other objects:
Do this by grouping the text box and the first of these 4 wide images, and all works as expected, because Muse now has a better idea, what you want and what should happen.
It would be even more easy, if you delete the big background image and fill the page background with this image instead:
Make sure, that no element at all is selected and click onto „Fill“ in Muse’s upper control strip. A panel appears, where you can assign a background fill to the page (not to the browser), and configure its behaviour (scaling, reference point, …)
One question at the end, because it happens that often:
I ask you: "Please give us a.muse file (–> Dropbox, CC Files, …) with only one page, without menu, only the text at the bottom and only one of these images below. This helps checking the file and save download time."
Why on earth isn’t this friendly request respected? Your file wasn’t reduced at all, and needs a quite long time to be downloaded. As I unfortunately have a considerably slow internet connection (Yes, I am living in the „high tech country“ Germany ) it needs 5 to 10 minutes to download the file. Inspecting only ten of these kind of files will take me between one and two hours – and the .muse document isn’t even checked. Additionally,t is of course much more time consuming to preview and check a large document, compared to a smaller one.
All this time is simply wasted and can’t be used to help other community members.
Only to give you an example: I reduced your file from over 100 MB to the slim size of 1,3 MB, before I even started to check it. Finding the issue was matter of seconds – no relation to the „setup time".
Therefore: Cooperate! Support the helpers! Don’t flood the helpers with gigantic .muse files and try to reduce them by deleting all unrelated elements.
No insult, no offend – just a hint for the next question!