• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't open adobe files in protected format because of system configuration.

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't open adobe files in protected format because of system configuration. How do I find out what is wrong with configuration?

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain what "protected format" is? Never heard that phrase before. Do you mean "protected mode", "protected view", "secured", or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can’t open files in “protected mode”. Can only open with “protected mode” disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rogers,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. As per the description above, you are not able to open any PDF when the Protected Mode is "On", Is that correct?

Please refer and try the solutions from the following Adobe article Understand and troubleshoot the Protected View in Adobe Acrobat

You can also refer and try the solutions from Protected Mode troubleshooting | Adobe Reader

What is the dot version of Acrobat/Reader installed? To identify refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Is it a Mac or Windows machine and what is the version installed?

Are you getting any specific error messages or error codes? Please share a screenshot of the error, to share the screenshot, refer to https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat Reader DC. I see no info beyond that when I open. It is operating on Windows. Also, I am locked out entirely now. When I open the program a white screen with four recurring blue squares intercedes. I believe it is trying to fix the compatibility issue, but seems unable to complete task. It has been awhile since I got involved trying to fix this so I am confused as to what I may have done. In my notes I see “Acrobat PDF Browser is missing. Please reinstall AB Reader to fix” but don’t know if I tried to do that. I may have check the drop down box on my Windows screen to fix compatibility problem. Sorry for my confusion. I would appreciate help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I do have Norton security, identity and antivirus protection. Could that be a problem? Is it possible for someone on staff to have a shared session on line with me and analyze the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rogers,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, please use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove Adobe Reader once Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine and install Adobe Reader from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

If the issue still persists, please create a test user profile with full admin rights and install Adobe Reader DC and check if the issue is reproducible .

If possible, disable the Norton Security software for some time and check the functionality of Adobe Reader. Enable the Security software back.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed your instructions; downloaded Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Too, then rebooted and installed Adobe Reader. Later, I got online with Norton; they could not see that they were causing the incompatibility problem and disabled their security software to see if I could open Adobe in protected mode. In fact, I could not. Got the same dialogue box as usual. Any new ideas, or should I just continue to use Adobe in Unprotected mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, when I was installing Adobe McAffee intervened simultaneously do “security scan” and “safe connect” applications. Now they have inserted their icon on my screen and sent a message that “your PC is at risk” and because I have more than one anti-virus products and ask that I allow them to delete others (which I have subscribed to an am paying for) to use theirs exclusively. Is Mcaffee your partner? And do you condone this kind of behavior?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rogers,

Please remove the free anti-virus  McAfee from the machine. Is it possible to create a test user profile with full admin rights and install Adobe Reader DC and check if the issue is reproducible?

Let us know how it goes in a new test user profile.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t know how to to create a test user profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have shared the steps to create a test user profile via private message, please check your email inbox.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines