Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition 2018 Crashes when using Submix

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys,

I have a built Windows 10 Computer with a 6-core i7 processor and a 4GB NVidia graphics card.  I am a feature film sound editor.  I'm trying to divide my mix into sub mixes for Dialogue and M+E tracks with the reels imported from Premiere Pro.  The shoot was with RED Footage and Proxies.

Every time I choose a plug in from the dropdown menu in the Sub mix, Audition Crashes and it doesn't even submit a crash report or anything at that. 

And I'm on deadline to get this done.  I would try this in protools, but I'm short on time and I don't do a lot of sound designing in Pro Tools, though I should though. 

Is there any way to bypass this and get Audition working properly or should I do something else?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Ah just figured it out - realized that the bus track I had added was not a 5.1 track - as soon as I corrected that it seems to work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can manually send a Crash Report to Adobe following the FAQ Audition Crashed.  Now what?

However that won't help immediately with your present problem.

triceptus  wrote

Every time I choose a plug in from the dropdown menu in the Sub mix,

I am not quite sure that I follow your workflow that is causing your crash. Can you explain in a little more detail what you are doing to cause the crash? What sort of plugin are you selecting and from which menu? A screen grab of your Audition session posted here may help us diagnose the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi triceptus,

Are all the plug-ins you are using updated to work with the version of Audition you are using? Can you check on that?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with Audition crashing when I try to add a channel Mixer rack effect into a sub mix.

I'm using Audition build 11.1.13 on a windows 7 system. 

The project is is a 5.1 surround project - working on a dynamic link from Premiere..  All of my submixes  (DIAL, SFX etc.) are routed to an additional sub mix on which I want to put a channel mixer effect to get a stereo downmix.  But as soon as I select the Channel mixer option from the amplitude and compression menu - Audition completely crashes. Everything else is working fine.

Thanks

Gene

I

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah just figured it out - realized that the bus track I had added was not a 5.1 track - as soon as I corrected that it seems to work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines