• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Most tools greyed out after update of PS CC 2019

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nearly all the tools in each drop down are greyed out. Could be coincidence that its just after the CC2019 update.

Im using windows. The image is a DNG file opened via Lightroom as i usually do and have tried resetting preferences as some google searches have suggested. A couple ofscreen shots below

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Hi

This is a known issue more info

Bug - Image and Layer options are greyed out if and only if Photoshop CC 2019 is launched from Lightroom CC Classic

The workaround is:

1. open Lightroom CC Classic,

2. open Photoshop CC 2019,

3. Select any images, and right click then select 'Edit in Adobe Photoshop CC 2019'

4. once the image is opened in Photoshop, the options under Image and Layers are now available.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This is a known issue more info

Bug - Image and Layer options are greyed out if and only if Photoshop CC 2019 is launched from Light...

The workaround is:

1. open Lightroom CC Classic,

2. open Photoshop CC 2019,

3. Select any images, and right click then select 'Edit in Adobe Photoshop CC 2019'

4. once the image is opened in Photoshop, the options under Image and Layers are now available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ged

That has worked exactly as you said. And "nice" to know its a known issue.

Much appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are Adobe looking to fix this ?  Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem - updated to LR v8.1 and PS v20.0.1 yesterday and experienced grayed out menu items when PS launched from LR.

Work around of launching PS prior to sending LR image to PS does work, but agree this bug needs to be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ged -- I'm having the same issue, only I've tried  everything suggested here (and then some), and still no change. Will Adobe be addressing this with an update? I've tried saving my file as every other type of format and no change. I've disable "home screen", which I've read about in several locations, I've tried opening the file without going through Lightroom and still, all of my tools are greyed out. PS is more or less rendered useless since the 2019 update. Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only from LR, but also if you open Images from Bridge into ACR, and from there with PS via "Open Image".

Workaround is the same, you have to have PS open already.

Since I edited vacation photgraphs just fine in the beginning of Nov. this bug was definitely introduced with 20.01

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simpler still to just check 'Disable Home Screen' in Edit/General.

Bob Frost

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspected it had to do something with that UI abomination but couldn’t find a way to disable it.

That did it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is applicable to Lightroom files, but many menu options will not be active if the image file is 16 or 32-bits/channel.  Check the image size using Image>Mode option from the menu bar and change the file to 8-bits/channel if needed..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines