• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

So many problems in the latest Photoshop version :-(

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing so many strange things since I downloaded Photoshop 20.01, such as:

- Photoshop 'freezes' at least once a day, all activity is then impossible and I have to restart it.

- I can no longer scale unproportionally... even when I uncheck the link between height and width, it scales proportionally.

- Scaling proportionally USED to be while holding the Shift key. Now I have to hold the Caps Lock key. Not that that is a problem, once you know it.

- Several smaller things that I would need to think of but several things that I have experienced ever since I downloaded the new version.

I work on the newest Microsoft 10 and have a brand new computer.

Anyone else?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

tinkelbel  wrote

Hi Ajiija, how do you go back to an older version?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I forgot: I often have an error that there is a problem with the display driver (gpu). Every time I see it I go in the Preferences and tell Photoshop that it needs to use the graphic professor (and I did update the driver when I had my new pc installed, just a couple of weeks ago).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or drag a guide from the left ruler while an object has been selected in Transform mode (because I want to draw guides to mark the borders of that object). That was perfectly possible before this upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed completely...the new version of Photoshop is tremendously slowed down...laggy with all tools slow...

I reverted to 2018 until Adobe addresses the issues...I have even considered cancelling the subscription and just buying Elements at this point...

For now, I continue with the 2018 version without the problems...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tinkelbel  wrote

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

First thing to do is reset PS preferences

Adobe made some changes you can see the new features here

New and enhanced features | Latest release of Photoshop CC

You can revert how the transform works

Scroll down to this bit

How do I turn off the new proportional scaling by default behavior while transforming layers?

To add a new guide while in transform mode hold the shift key while dragging a guide

For the GPU issue take a look here

Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

I would advice enabling this option in preferences as it's causing some people issues with it disabled

Can you post your Photoshop system info, in Photoshop go to Help > System Info and copy and paste that into this thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ged, yes, the 'legacy compositing' was the first thing that I noticed... color overlay blend mode gave all kinds of strange colors, that was solved when I checked that.

Thanks for the other tips, will try these out and see how it goes. If not, I'll revert back to an older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries, personally I'm not having any issues with the latest version, it's always a good idea to keep an old version installed for situations like yours.

There will always be bugs in new versions, even the last update from 20.0.0 to 20.0.1 has caused issues with opening images from Lightroom to Photoshop when Photoshop isn't opened

Bug - Image and Layer options are greyed out if and only if Photoshop CC 2019 is launched from Light...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that someone above explained how to install older versions so I won't repeat it...good luck...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have the new version working properly now...no lags, no problems...I had thought that I would have to just use 2018...but 2019 is now working...

I will explain what I did, but for the life of me, I don't know why it did...

I opened 2019...the same lagginess appeared...same problems described by others here...

I then went into preferences and selected "reset preferences on quit" under the General tab...

But, I did NOT quit at that point...

I went into Performance and checked the block for "legacy compositing"...

At that point, I closed Photoshop 2019 and rebooted the computer...

I then restarted 2019...and all was well..!!

Makes absolutely no sense because when I checked the settings again, the "legacy compositing" was now disabled (unchecked)...and the "reset preferences on quit" was no longer enabled either...

When it opened, of course, I was greeted with the usual first use multiple windowed Greeting screen...and I just set it up the way I like to see on my screen...

But it is flying again now...

I have no explanation for why this worked...but I'll pass it along for others...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Like I said, I don't know why that worked for me...but it did...

I hope others find the solution...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines