• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Login Problem Flash Media Admin Console

Mentor ,
Jul 12, 2010 Jul 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New to FMS, testing FMS Developers versions.

Connect and Live stream works fine using FMLE.

Problem is I'm not sure how to get logged into the Admin Console.

I'm not sure about what the "Server Name" is or the "Server Address". Is that just the IP address or the IP plus something else? How can I tell?

FMS install was done by tech at hosting company and he forwarded this info:

----------- Install Action Summary -----------

Installation directory = /opt/adobe/fms

Flash Media Server Port = 1935,80
Flash Media Admin Server Port = 1111

Apache Install = Yes

Administrative username = ******
Administrative password = ******

service owner = nobody

service user = nobody
service group = nobody

Run as daemon = Yes
Start Flash Media Server = Yes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Server Name - is just an array of multiple servers you can be working with. I, for one, have 3 at the moment - named "local", "remote", "client's name". So I simply use the dropdown to pick the backend I need at the moment.

Server Address: paste the address you used with FMLE but without any appplication/instance name, e.g. 192.168.32.40, or mycorp.com.

Username - Administrative username = ******

Password - Administrative password = ******

Also make sure port 111 isn't blocking you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, it's 1111, not 111.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 13, 2010 Jul 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You for your response Petro!

I used both the dot notation IP address and the mycompany.com for the server address and still cannot log in. According to the info the hosting company tech sent me, port 1111 is the Server Admin port.

I'm leaving the Server Name as the default "Server 1". Do I need to change the name, give it a name, or what? But how can I do that if I can't log into the Admin panel? Or will Server 1 work just fine as the Server Name?

Best wishes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that FMLE can connect to your FMS but admin console can't is mutliple-reasoned:

- wrong credentials;

- blocked 1111 port;

- you name it.

Also, I wish it was the Win machine, I never used LAMP with FMS.

Regarding Admin Console Server Name, you can either leave it intact or change it to whatever you wish even with an unsuccessful connection - just click 'Ignore' on your unsuccessful connection attempt, then click on Manage Servers, click 'Server 1' and then click on 'Edit server login information' (AB button). Although this does give you the option for editing the server info, it's nevertheless useless since you can't login.

I have no clue how Linux works, but could you try logging into your remote machine and try using the Admin Console on localhost (if such notion exists with Linux)?.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Still no luck on getting connected but you brought up "wrong credentials".

One of the main reseasons I'm trying to get into the Admin Console to to check what the "Credentials" are. Are they just the Admin login username and password? Are they something else that needs to be set?

I'm trying to get the encoding software Wirecast to connect to the FMS but keep getting the error message "Cannot connect, check credentials or tokens".

To connect to the FMS with FMLE, no credentials or password/username is required. So I'm not sure what Wirecast is asking for. But perhaps since I can't connect to the Admin panel either... they are related problems.

I've asked the hosting tech who did the install to verify that port 1111 is open and see if he can log in directly on the machine using server address localhost.

Will update with progress.

Best wishes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can keep Server1 as it is or give different name - like Petro said it does not matter. What matters is what you put in Server Address text box , Username and Password text box.

So

Server Address should be like Petro said , IP address you used for connecting to live application using FMLE after removing application name/application instance i.e. example x.y.z.w

Username  = Administrative username i.e. ****** (passed by tech)

Password =  Administrative password i.e. ****** (passed by tech)

Then click on Login and you should be able to see what's happening at your server using admin console.

Also check with your hosting company if they have not blocked port 1111 (to check this try telnet <ip address> 1111 - if this fails that means port is blocked)

Also you can try running following command in your browser - http://10.192.23.162:1111/admin/ping?auser=admin&apswd=admin ( please replace admin with correct user and password)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your time and advice! I really appreciate it since I know so little about dealing with servers.

No luck with the ping...

I've contacted the hosting tech to verify that port 1111 is open and asked him to attempt to log in at Admin Console.

Not sure if he's working on it now or if I crashed the login page but now, the login dialog box doesn't even come up, just a blank page..loading..loading..loading...

This is going from bad to worse!

Have you had any experience using Wirecast with FMS? I can't connect to the server, keep getting "check credentials/tokens", so I'm wondering if the two problems are related.

Best wishes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST UPDATE!!!

Just received this from the tech:

From what I understand, I think port 1111 is an internal communication port and not accessible from the outside..? From the main page, there is a console link which brings you to http://adobe.marunde-muscle.com/fms_adminConsole.htm and from there I think you have to define the parameters to begin managing the installation.

Does this mean anything? Is he/we on the right track?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2011 Jun 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes most deployments dont allow 1111 to be open to public. So can you access the page the tech (http://adobe.marunde-muscle.com/fms_adminConsole.htm)  has passed to you. But again if port 1111 is not open to outside world and you are trying to access it from outside the deployments firewall - i dont think you would be able to login into Admin Server,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2016 Apr 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey guys,,

have big problem . i am trying  to install adobe flash media streaming server ver 4,after installation  ,i try to login admin console bt it promote "login attempt to the server below failed please verify your login information and try again" i double sure i put that password is ok ,but its not working ,anyone here who can help me !!

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2011 Jun 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

press Windows key+R

cmd (enter) -> cd\ (enter) -> cd windows (enter) -> cd system32 (enter) -> net start FMSAdmin (enter) -> net start FMS (enter)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not need to go inside the windows\system32 dir to issue net stop/start commands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need when FMS can't run at windows.

windows start -> all program -> adobe -> Flash media server4 -> Stop Adobe Flash Media Server 4, Stop Adobe Flash Media Administration Server 4, Start Adobe Flash Media Server 4,Start Adobe Flash Media Administration Server 4

Sometimes there not run.

There are run from "command(cmd)"

so i used cmd -> move system32 folder and run .exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2012 Jan 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having same issue: Cannot login to Admin panel after following instructions from Kevin Towes tutorial on FMS on Amazon. The RTMP and HTTP streaming video works on the index page, but admin will not open for me no matter what I've done in the .ini or users.xml. I've triend opening ports, permissions etc... bout to give up

I have a question.. in the FMS.ini file, it shows this:

# IP address and port Flash Media Admin Server should listen on

# For example:

#    SERVER.ADMINSERVER_HOSTPORT = :1111

#

SERVER.ADMINSERVER_HOSTPORT =

Why does this say "IP address and port" yet has an example only showing a port of :1111 ?  And should I be including a colon as the example shows?  Should this really be xxx.xx.xx.xx:1111 or is the FMS.ini's comments wrong perhaps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2012 Jan 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you fms.ini shows

SERVER.ADMINSERVER_HOSTPORT =

that means there is no port which is configured for Admin Server. You need to change SERVER.ADMINSERVER_HOSTPORT = to SERVER.ADMINSERVER_HOSTPORT = :<port>

So if you choose to use port 1111 - you need to have

SERVER.ADMINSERVER_HOSTPORT = :1111

and also make sure your Server machine firewall allows traffic on 1111.

The example is correct - it needs to be with colon. It is actually SERVER.ADMINSERVER_HOSTPORT = <IP Address>:<port> but <IP Address> can be blank which indicates you are using localhost so it will bind to default network adaptor. If you want to specify IP you can find out IP of you server machine and can choose to configure it as SERVER.ADMINSERVER_HOSTPORT = <xx.yy.zz.ww>:<port> where <xx.yy.zz.ww> is IP address of your machine.

Hope this makes things clear for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue too: Cannot login to Admin panel after following instructions from Kevin Towes tutorial on FMS on Amazon. The RTMP and HTTP streaming video works on the index page, but admin will not open for me no matter what I've done in the .ini or users.xml. I've triend opening ports, permissions etc... I'm about to give up too.

I've added a username, password, port :1111, updated the security profile to allow port :1111, restarted both the FMS server and the admin server and I still can't log in. Any ideas? Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont give up so soon

What version of FMS on AWS are you using?

Also send me your Users.xml.

-Shiven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shiven, Thanks for the quick reply. I'm using FMS 4.5. I turned up some information on here about using FMS 4.5, that you can no longer specify a non-encrypted password. I tried using WinSCP to run the commands needed to generate the user but it doesn't allow you to use commands requiring user input. I had to install Putty, and run the commands there. I was able to generate a new admin with a password and got logged in ... at 1:15 in the am. Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2012 Jun 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have the same problew

win 7, 64, FMS 4.5

localhost is work

stream camera is work (test sample)

but can't login to

localhost

admin

admin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please take a look at this.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4435025#4435025

Thanks,

Shiven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just have tried this solution, it's not work.

this is info from my log file

2012-06-0419:31:297112(e)2581279Assert failed in .\common\SecurePassword.cpp line 312-

2012-06-0419:31:297112(e)2581279Assert failed in .\common\SecurePassword.cpp line 312-

2012-06-0419:31:297112(w)2671165Failed login attempt from 127.0.0.1 at 04.06.2012 19:31:29.-

maybe it will be helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reinstall fms and it works. thanks to all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2014 Aug 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it works, but temporary for me... i can't login again after reboot.. how about you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines