• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Magnetic Lasso causes PS to crash

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating yesterday, activating the magnetic lasso either by the shortcut "L" or clicking on the tool causes the PS to crash.  I really wish Adobe would stop with the updates until they are fully functional.  I'm growing tired of being a paying test bed.

Anyone else have the issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Hi All,

Please update Photoshop to 19.1.1 version, which includes the fix for "Photoshop CC 2018 crashes while using Pen/Magnetic Lasso Tool".

Also, refer the list of other fixed issues in 19.1.1 release: Fixed issues in Adobe Photoshop CC

To update Photoshop CC to 19.1.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop CC.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They all say not answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They show the bug report on Adobe feedback site and Adobe marked it that they are wording on a fix.,

Photoshop CC 19.1: Crashes when using Magnetic Lasso Tool | Photoshop Family Customer Community

If you do not want to be a code tested use CC 204 and work around the known bugs in CC 2014.  Adobe will not be fixing them and Adobe will not add new bugs to CC 2014.

To use CC 2018 you need to work arounf the bugs in it and Adobe may add new bugs to it.  The Update to CC 2018 fixed quite a few bugs

January 2018 (version 19.1) release

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with latest software... crashes every time i try to use the magnetic lasso tool.... among other glitches with the latest version of Photoshop... ended up downgrading to CC2017....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off "Use Precise Cursors"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a fix I can justify...I prefer the precise cursor.... I would rather use CC2017 until they fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ill try this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did that, still happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here & yes i like precise cursor!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, i have the same problem! and i like to use the precise cursor too.

Sadly Adobe are releasing too many products without full testing - InDesign 2018 is similar in thar regard.

No idea why more beta testing is not done to avoid this.

Perhaps Adobe will give us a time-frame when this will be updated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not publish schedules. Adobe does not fix all reported and acknowledge bugs even.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And?

The customers pay for their software, and ultimately Adobe are accountable.

If it is not working, then keep harassing Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/isambard+thomas  wrote

And?

The customers pay for their software, and ultimately Adobe are accountable.

If it is not working, then keep harassing Adobe

How can one harass Adobe?  I repeatedly Ask Adobe to fix bugs I reported that were introduced in CS4  for years.  Adobe even assign a programmer to fix them in an e-mail Adobe set me.  However the bugs are still in Photoshop.  I gave up and work around bugs in Photoshop I still report new bugs to Adobe.  Adobe even added a Bug into Scripting intentionally that brakes several of my Scripts I have to add garbage to get around the bug. IMO Photoshop still offers the most comprehensive set of image editing feature and there is no alternative for many users for they have too much invested in Photoshop.   Adobe has never been known for having good product support and Adobe state that Programs will for the most part work like documented.  Documentation is an other weak point with all the changes Adobe makes to Photoshop it is impossible for the documentation to be kept up to date.   This is the third rock from our sun.  Perfection is rare if there is such a thing as perfection.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you were wrong, werent you!!

Regular harrasment by phone calls and emails to Adobe (by me and  others) has amazingly resolved this issue now.

Dont give up so easily sir.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I temporarily deleted the shortcut key for the magnetic lasso.  That let's me cycle between regular and poly lassos with the shortcut without getting a crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today’s update (19.1.1) fixes this crash. Downloaded, tested and confirmed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Please update Photoshop to 19.1.1 version, which includes the fix for "Photoshop CC 2018 crashes while using Pen/Magnetic Lasso Tool".

Also, refer the list of other fixed issues in 19.1.1 release: Fixed issues in Adobe Photoshop CC

To update Photoshop CC to 19.1.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop CC.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Too easy. just reset photoshop by holding ctrl + alt + shift and click right button on PS shotcut and select open

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines