• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Full screen view crops off some of page

Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm preparing a PDF document from InDesign that will be used as a presentation (instead of using PowerPoint). The first time I open the document and choose Full Screen mode, it opens full screen but cuts off the top inch or so of my document in the view. If I escape out and then go back into Full Screen mode it presents the whole page just fine. This is worrisome since it's going out to a bunch of different people who will be displaying it in different circumstances and I can't ask them to escape out and launch the presentation twice to be sure. I had my coworker test it and doesn't seem to be a problem on her computer, but I'm hoping there's a way to prevent this from happening to some users, since it happened to me. Has anyone seen this?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trista_c,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are facing issue when trying to view a pdf in full-screen view, is that correct?

Could you confirm the application you are using to view pdf - Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat?

Operating system installed on the machine- Windows or Mac?

Also, would it be possible to share the pdf file you are working with to replicate the issue at our end? To share the file here in the forums, refer to the steps given in this link: How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud

You may also share the link for the pdf via private message - How Do I Send Private Message

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Shivam,

I'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2015 Release (Classic) on Windows 10 Professional x64.

The problem only happens the first time I open a file in Acrobat and choose full screen. If I escape full screen and then choose view full screen again in the same file it works fine. If I close that file and reopen it without closing Acrobat, it works fine. If I close that file and open a different file, again it works fine. So it seems to happen only the first time Full Screen is used after launching the program.

I could send you a stripped down version of my file for testing, but I had a coworker test and she did not have the same issue on her system. Also, I replicated the problem this morning with a different PDF that was not created on my machine. So I don't think it's the file. I think it's a problem with my software/setup. Does that help?

Trista

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Trista,

Thanks for the info. Try resetting preferences for Acrobat using the steps given in this link: How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default. reboot the machine after resetting preferences and check.

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines